Ralph Pierre LaCock
Positions: First Baseman and Outfielder
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: January 17, 1952 in Burbank, CA
High School: Taft HS (Woodland Hills, CA)
Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (20th pick) of the 1970 amateur draft (January). Player signed February 17, 1970.
Debut: September 6, 1972 (Age 20.233)
vs. PIT 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1974 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Royals/Cubs 1972-1980
Final Game: October 5, 1980 (Age 28.262)
vs. MIN 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/3 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–September 3, 1977: 1977: Dennis Leonard struck out nine batters in a complete-game effort, while the Royals took advantage of two Brewers errors...
News -- June 2014
- 6/25 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 25, 1977: 1977: The Royals smashed four home runs, including two-run shots from Joe Zdeb and Freddie Patek, for a 6-4 win over the Athletics...
News -- April 2014
- 4/9 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 9, 1979: 1979: Detroit scored four runs in the ninth—two of them unearned—to blow the game open and captured a 7-3 victory over the...
- 4/9 Pine Tar Press: U.L.’s Toothpick: The Year of The Card–Clint Hurdle, 1980: We know lots about baseball these days. Everything in the game, it seems, is tracked and recorded, and then a bunch of smart fans...
News -- January 2014
- 1/17 Gammons Daily: Happy birthday, Pete La**** (and a great Bob Gibson story): I’ve got a great story about Hall of Fame pitcher, Bob Gibson. On January 17, 1952, Pete La**** was born. I’m sure...
News -- December 2013
- 12/5 Mets360.com: A history of the Mets and the multi-team trade: With rumors about the Mets signing Curtis Granderson swirling around and trades between other teams occurring left, right and...
News -- November 2013
- 11/1 That Ball's Outta Here: Baseball Cards from the 1976 Topps set: Last Sunday I spotted a box of 1976 Topps cards at a garage sale on the way to the farmer’s market. I tried to walk past...
News -- January 2013
- 1/29 Blog Red Machine: What Does Baseball Actually Mean to You?: It is now just about two weeks until the pitchers and catchers report to camp in Arizona. It is time for all of the baseball fans...
News -- February 2012
- 2/7 Ramblings of Baseball: What To Wear XXII: If you’re watching a game and a batter gets hit by a pitch, he’s going to be angry. He might try and send a glare out to the...