John Charles Kucks Jr.
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: July 27, 1932 in Hoboken, NJ
High School: William L. Dickinson HS (Jersey City
Signed by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1952.
Debut: April 17, 1955 (Age 22.264, 8,828th in MLB history)
vs. WSH 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1955 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Yankees/Athletics 1955-1960
Last Game: September 25, 1960 (Age 28.060)
vs. DET 4.0 IP, 6 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 4 ER
Died: October 31, 2013 in Saddle River, NJ
Buried: George Washington Memorial Park, Paramus, NJ
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2013
- 11/8 Bleeding Yankee Blue: A YANKEE GREAT HAS PASSED: If I told you Johnny Kucks died, you wouldn't know who I was talking about. If I told you he was a New York Yankee, and...
- 11/3 Baseball Musings: Kucks Passes: Former pitcher Johnny Kucks died on Thursday: Kucks pitched in four World Series with the Yankees from 1955-58, going 1-0 with...
- 11/2 Bleeding Yankee Blue: A YANKEE GREAT HAS PASSED: If I told you Johnny Kucks died, you wouldn't know who I was talking about. If I told you he was a New York Yankee, and...
News -- December 2012
- 12/2 Bronx Baseball Daily: Classic Yankees: Ralph Terry:
No one wants to be the goat, especially of a championship game. If so, you want the chance to redeem yourself.
News -- August 2012
- 8/5 Bleeding Yankee Blue: RELIVING YANKEE TOUGHNESS AND HOW IT TRANSLATES TODAY:
In May of 1957, several Yankee players went out on the town to
celebrate Billy Martin's 29th birthday. A mix of players...
News -- December 2011
- 12/15 High Heat Stats: Fewest regular-season shutouts by a pitcher who threw at least 1 post-season shutout: This is a simple list. There have been 106 pitchers to throw a post-season shutout, and all of them have thrown at least 1 regular-season...
News -- October 2011
- 10/10 i70baseball.com: Rob Rains’ Inside Baseball: Carpenter’s GemCarpenter's gem in game five of the LDS will not soon be forgotten....
News -- September 2011
- 9/30 B-R Blog: Youngest with 7 scoreless IP in a postseason game: Matt Moore, Johnny Damon and Kelly Shoppach led the Rays to a 1-0 leadÂ in their ALDS with Texas. At 22 years and about 104 days,...
- 9/3 WasWatching: Welcome To The Club, Ivan Nova: What club?Â Â This one. In case you’re interested, here are the Yankees, all-time, to win 15+ games in a season during...
News -- October 2010
- 10/9 B-R Blog: Young Starters In The Post-Season: Phil Hughes is 24.29 years old at this moment and will be starting Game 3 of the 2010 ALDS for the Yankees this evening.Â How...