Louis Stephen Klimchock
Positions: Pinch Hitter, Third Baseman and Second Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: October 15, 1939 in Hostetter, PA
Signed by the Kansas City Athletics as an amateur free agent in 1957.
Debut: September 27, 1958 (Age 18.347, 9,212th in MLB history)
vs. CHW 5 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1961 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Athletics/Braves/Senators/Mets 1958-1970
Last Game: August 2, 1970 (Age 30.291)
vs. CHW 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8/12 1960s Baseball Blog: Theft Control:
Glancing Back, and Remembering Joe Azcue
In a major league career that spanned the 1960s, Joe Azcue was known as a...
News -- July 2014
- 7/13 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Bang the Fish Briskly: “Lou Klimchock can be considered by virtue of his intense and persistent labors on behalf of innovative baseball mediocrity...
News -- March 2014
- 3/5 Jays Journal: Blue Jays Morning Brew: Abbreviated Edition
Quick one today because I need to run!
- 3/1 Mets360.com: What Ernie Bowman taught Tom Seaver: I picked up a 1966 Topps Ernie Bowman baseball card last week. This is an interesting card in its own right because Bowman never...
News -- February 2013
- 2/6 Jays Journal: 2013 Top Prospects #14: Mitch Nay: After a pair of hard throwing right handed pitchers, the prospect countdown brings us back to the positional side of the diamond,...