Jeffrey Wayne King
Positions: Third Baseman, First Baseman and Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: December 26, 1964 in Marion, IN
High School: Rampart HS (Colorado Springs, CO)
School: University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR)
Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1st round (1st pick) of the 1986 amateur draft.
Signed July 10, 1986.
Debut: June 2, 1989 (Age 24.158, 13,224th in MLB history)
vs. NYM 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1989 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Royals 1989-1999
Last Game: May 21, 1999 (Age 34.146)
vs. SEA 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/8 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: September 8, 1997: 1997: The Royals broke out the long ball to build an early 7-1 lead, and coasted to a 9-2 win over the Mariners at Kauffman Stadium.Seattle...
News -- July 2014
- 7/6 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–July 6, 1997: 1997: Usually a seven-run inning is a good sign. But not when you follow it up by allowing the other team to tie the score immediately....
News -- June 2014
- 6/21 mlbreports.com: Some MLB Trivia: 5 Questions + Birthdays June 21st: Yesterday’s answers: Q1. Best Slugging PCTG ever by a rookie was Ted Williams, slugging .609 in 149 Games and 677...
News -- May 2014
- 5/31 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 31, 1998: 1998: A seven-run outburst in the seventh inning carried the Royals to a 10-4 win over Oakland at Kauffman Stadium.
- 5/8 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–May 8, 1997: 1997: Tim Belcher held the Tigers to four hits over seven innings to lead the Royals to a 4-0 win at Tiger Stadium in Detroit.
News -- April 2014
- 4/2 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: April 2, 1998: 1998: Baltimore scored four runs in the bottom of the ninth for a comeback, walkoff 4-3 win over the Royals at Oriole Park at...
News -- March 2014
- 3/24 The MC Effect: Thoughts on Jay Bell: I started getting really into the Pirates when I was around 7 years old. That was around 1997. I distinctly remember the names...
News -- February 2014
- 2/12 North and South of Royal Brougham: Mariners Mini Morsels: February 12: Zduriencik acknowledged Tuesday that “there’s probably a window to do something” still on the free-agent front,...
News -- October 2013
- 10/1 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: NL Wild Card Game Preview: First Pitch – 8:07PM – TBS Johnny Cueto (5-2, 2.82) vs. Francisco Liriano (16-8, 3.02) Five thoughts; 1. If you want to understand...
News -- June 2013
- 6/19 Billy-Ball.com: Josh Hamilton’s Night From Hell: The Mariners defeated the Angels last night, 3-2, in 10 innings. Josh Hamilton went 0-5, with two strikeouts, which were his best...
- 6/7 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History – June 7: June 7, 1966 The New York Mets pass up Arizona State outfielder Reggie Jackson and select California high school catcher Steve...
News -- March 2013
- 3/11 Kevin Slowey Was Framed: Which Band Have I Hidden in these Player Names?: I love baseball! I love music! There isn't a whole lot of baseball music. There's Centerfield, by John Fogerty,...
News -- October 2012
- 10/31 The "Mc" Effect: Thoughts on Jay Bell: I started getting really into the Pirates when I was around 7 years old. That was around 1997. I distinctly remember the names...
News -- April 2011
- 4/16 Through The Fence Baseball: Countdown to draft day: Pirates are on the clock: This year’s MLB draft will take place on June 6, 2011, and the Pittsburgh Pirates are on the clock with the first overall...
News -- October 2010
- 10/16 Pittsburgh Lumber Co: Classic Pirates memories, Win Expectancy style: While glancing at the Win Expectancy chart for last night’s Yankees-Rangers game, I realized that FanGraphs also has these charts...