Larry Steven Jeltz
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Both, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: May 28, 1959 in Paris, France
School: University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 9th round of the 1980 amateur draft.
Debut: July 17, 1983 (Age 24.050, 12,374th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1985 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Phillies/Royals 1983-1990
Last Game: October 3, 1990 (Age 31.128)
vs. CLE 2 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/17 SeatownMariners: Why I Am a Mariners Fan: Dave Cameron wrote an interesting article this week on baseball fandom. It wonders why individuals choose particular sports teams....
News -- December 2014
- 12/15 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #170 PAUL O'NEILL: AS HARD-NOSED AS THEY CAME.THE GUTS OF THE LAST YANKEE DYNASTY.DEFINING THE PLAYERPaul O'Neill played with the fire of a wide-eyed...
News -- May 2014
- 5/28 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 28, 1971: 1971: Ken Wright dominated the Senators lineup, while the Royals’ offense got contributions from practically everyone in a 5-0...
News -- January 2014
- 1/6 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #95-92: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #95 through #92. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all...
News -- October 2013
- 10/4 That Ball's Outta Here: Remembering the Michael Martinez Era: Thursday signaled the end of an era. It’s one we will have a hard time forgetting, no matter how hard we may try. On Thursday,...
News -- June 2013
- 6/5 That Ball's Outta Here: John Mayberry Asks Fans To Remember He Exists, Walk-Off Grand Slam Beats Marlins: I will admit, I’ve been hard on John Mayberry this year. I mean hey, you can hardly blame me. Mayberry entered Tuesday night’s...
News -- April 2013
- 4/28 Bleeding Yankee Blue: PAUL O'NEILL TAUGHT ME ABOUT LIFE: I remember when I first started watching baseball. I would sit in the living room with my grandfather explaining everything to...
News -- December 2012
- 12/26 Phillies Nation: Replaced by a Franchise Hero: Don Money: A lot of the Phillies’ offseason discussion has boiled down to one question: how does Player X compare to Player Y, whom...
- 12/11 That Ball's Outta Here: Cards On The Table: We Were Wrong About Von Hayes: Every now and then a professional athlete comes along that, for whatever reason, is strongly disliked by many in the fanbase....
News -- October 2012
- 10/16 That Ball's Outta Here: Cards On The Table: Jheri Curl Jeltz: For those of us in our 30s, the Phillies of the mid-to-late 1980s featured some interesting players. And by interesting, I mean...
- 10/4 WasWatching: The 190/190 Club: Players with 2+ seasons where they had at least 190 PA with a batting average of .190 or less: Rk Yrs From To Age 1 Bill Bergen...
News -- November 2011
- 11/29 High Heat Stats: Highest Ratio of On-Base to Batting Average: In a recent thread, reader mcearlgrey asked about the greatest discrepancies between on-base percentage and batting average. Here...
Complete a Short Survey
to help us
improve our mobile sites.
Do you use B-R on your phone?