Position: Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: December 4, 1974 in Tanashi, Tokyo, Japan
High School: Kokugakuin Kugayama (Tokyo
School: Aoyama Gakuin University (
Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago White Sox in 2005.
Debut: April 4, 2005 (Age 30.121, 16,209th in MLB history)
vs. CLE 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 2005 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Padres/Phillies 2005-2008
Agents: Rocky Hall, previously: Dick Moss [*]
Last Game: September 28, 2008 (Age 33.299)
vs. WSN 5 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
Other SR Links: Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
News -- April 2016
- 4/11 Macho-Row.com: Chase Utley was dabbing in 2007 after wild win vs. Mets: Remember that summer of 2007 when the Phillies gave the Mets absolute nightmares? That was a lot of fun. One of the highlights...
News -- August 2015
- 8/27 Phillies Nation: A friendly letter to a Mets fan: Dear Mets Fan, It was October 19, 2006. My 22nd birthday. I was in Boston, back in my college town to celebrate. While stopping...
News -- March 2015
- 3/1 Southside Showdown: Are the 2015 White Sox Better Than the 2005 Squad?: The 2015 MLB season will be the 10th anniversary of the last World Series championship by the Chicago White Sox, and nothing would...
News -- August 2014
- 8/15 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–August 15, 2002: 2006: Mark Teahen belted a two-run home run in the sixth inning, giving the Royals the lead for good in a 4-2 win over the White...
News -- June 2014
- 6/5 Crashburn Alley: The Phillies Are Loyal to A Fault: If there’s been one constant about the Phillies through the years, it’s that they’re a very loyal organization....
News -- May 2014
- 5/1 Padres Public: Jedd Gyorko and a post thatâ€™s not really about Orlando Hudson but is about pain: Jedd Gyorko returned from the Paternity List yesterday the proud father of twin boys. He was just in time to catch the rubber-game...
News -- November 2013
- 11/3 Baseballhotcorner.com: Can MLB Busts Have Success In Japan?: The answer is a resounding yes! Have you been keeping up with baseball in Japan this past year? Me either.Â But since the baseball...
News -- October 2013
- 10/31 Crashburn Alley: Plays of the Year: Where Does Ben Revere’s Catch Rank?: Ben Revere set the bar for defense very high very early on in the season, making this catch against the Cincinnati Reds: But there...
News -- August 2013
- 8/6 Southside Showdown: Should the White Sox have torn it down after 2007?: Mark Gonzales has the confines of the U.S. Cellular press box Â for the Tribune’s Cubs beat, but before he departed, he...
News -- July 2013
- 7/19 Phillies Nation: Ruben Amaro Jr.: The Rainmaker: Writing about baseball is one of my many hobbies – I’m also a vinyl junkie. I avidly hunt yard sales, flea markets...
News -- March 2013
- 3/13 WasWatching: Hiroyuki Nakajima: Via Danny Knobler - When the A’s traded for Jed Lowrie, they didn’t have a full-time position for him. They said he’d...
News -- December 2012
- 12/7 NPB Tracker: Bari Bari Major Leaguers: Today’s Japanese word of the day isÂ bari bari. In a baseball context, bari bari is frequently used to describe a big star,...
News -- August 2012
- 8/29 Phillies Nation: Gameday: Mets (60-69) at Phillies (61-68): New York Mets (60-69) at Philadelphia Phillies (61-68) Matt Harvey (2-3, 2.75) vs. Tyler Cloyd (MLB debut) Time: 7:05, Citizens...
News -- July 2012
- 7/22 Mets360.com: What chance does Reese Havens have of being a useful MLB regular?: This is Reese Havensâ age 25 season. After a brutal first two months, where he was injured yet again, Havens has started to...
News -- December 2011
- 12/7 WasWatching: Hiroyuki Nakajima: The Yankees have won the negotiating rights for Japanâs Hiroyuki Nakajima. Other notable Japanese infielders to play major league...
News -- November 2011
- 11/6 WasWatching: Old Rookie WARriors: Since 1901, how many batters have posted a Wins Above Replacement (WAR) total greater than .5 in their first year – when...
News -- July 2011
- 7/26 Dropped Strike Three: Is Michael Martinez Becoming a Serviceable Every Day Player?: Michael Martinez is a 28 year old utility type player who came to the Phillies this year via the Rule 5 Draft from the Washington...