James MacGregor Hunter
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: June 22, 1964 in Jersey City, NJ
High School: Middletown North HS (Middletown
Schools: Brookdale Community College (Lincroft
, NJ), University of Georgia (Athens
Drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 1st round (10th pick) of the 1985 amateur draft (June Secondary).
Debut: May 17, 1991 (Age 26.329, 13,534th in MLB history)
vs. KCR 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Team: Brewers 1991
Last Game: August 6, 1991 (Age 27.045)
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/1 Swingin' A's: Jim ‘Catfish’ Hunter – The First Athletic To Have His Number Retired: The date was June 9, 1991, and in a pregame ceremony the Oakland Athletics organization retired number 27 in honor ofJim 'Catfish'...
News -- January 2015
- 1/30 Birds Watcher: Baltimore Orioles' spring training TV schedule: You know that we're starting to get close to the baseball coming back when we start seeing stories about the Baltimore Orioles...
News -- November 2014
- 11/5 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History – Walter Johnson is defeated in his bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives: November 5 1914 The law prohibiting Sunday baseball in Washington remains intact when the Court of Appeals upholds the ban. 1940...
- 11/4 Swingin' A's: A Comparison Of Oakland A’s Teams Era By Era: Since the cross-bay rival’s winning of the World Series for the third time in five seasons the word “dynasty”...
News -- September 2014
- 9/20 Twinstrivia.com: This Day in Twins History – What if the Twins played and no one showed up?: September 20, 1965 – Just 537 fans paid to watch the Kansas City A’s Jim “Catfish” Hunter beat Jim “Mudcat”...
News -- August 2014
- 8/24 The Ballclub: Another One Of Those: Oakland has always been a bastion of all things a little offbeat when it comes to Baseball. Their 70s-era teams were generally...
News -- June 2014
- 6/16 The Cardboard Examiner: DESPITE THE WRINKLES, IT TWINKLES: When you're hell-bent on trying to complete a vintage set as I am with the 1965 Topps release, you can develop tunnel vision when...
News -- November 2013
News -- May 2013
- 5/17 Baseball With Matt: An Interview with Yankees Reporter Ken Davidoff 5/17/13: Hey baseball fans!I have a really cool interview for you today! It's with BBWAA member, Ken Davidoff! "Ken Davidoff?" you ask....
- 5/11 Raising Matt Cain: Matt Cain pitches like Matt Cain!: Matt Cain brought an end to the second inning of the season with a flourish, giving up only two runs on three hits to the powerful...
News -- April 2013
- 4/6 Birds Watcher: O’s fly to victory on the bat of Chris Davis: Make no mistake about the fact that the 9-5 score in the Baltimore Orioles’ win over Minnesota was in no way indicative...
- 4/5 Birds Watcher: Baltimore Orioles: A win and a loss: We’re taught by our parents early on that life isn’t always fair. That’s really all you could say or think yesterday...
News -- November 2012
- 11/5 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History: November 5 1914 The law prohibiting Sunday baseball in Washington remains intact when the Court of Appeals upholds the ban. 1940...
News -- July 2012