Kenneth Douglass Hubbs
Position: Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: December 23, 1941 in Riverside, CA
High School: Colton HS (Colton, CA)
School: Brigham Young University (Provo, UT)
Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent in 1959.
Debut: September 10, 1961 (Age 19.261, 9,501st in MLB history)
vs. PHI 3 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1962 season [*]
Team: Cubs 1961-1963
Last Game: September 29, 1963 (Age 21.280)
vs. MLN 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: February 15, 1964 in Provo, UT
Buried: Montecito Cemetery, Colton, CA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- December 2016
- 12-7 Press Room Pass: Vintage Baseball Cards: 1969 Topps: In celebration of the 65th anniversary of Topps baseball cards, my collection is going to be the subject of this year-long series....
News -- November 2016
- 11-9 Press Room Pass: Vintage Baseball Cards: 1963 Topps: In celebration of the 65th anniversary of Topps baseball cards, my collection is going to be the subject of this year-long series....
News -- September 2016
- 9-26 Shutdown Inning: Beyond The Game – The Death of Jose Fernandez: The rain threatened Sunday, as it often does in South Florida. This Sunday, rain is **** From somewhere above the fray, I canât...
- 9-5 View From the Bleachers: September 5th – This Day in Cubs HistoryEach day we look at the significant happenings, transactions as birthdays in the history of the Chicago Cubs....
News -- August 2016
- 8-23 Cubbies Crib: Chicago Cubs Flashback: Glenn Beckert, a Top 100 Cubs' Player: Thinking back to the years when Chicago Cubs greats'Billy Williams, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, and Fergie Jenkins played. All...
News -- November 2015
- 11-17 Cubbies Crib: Chicago Cubs: Kris Bryant is the Cubs' greatest rookie: Yesterday, it was announced that the Baseball Writers of Association of America took pity on a poor, hapless, unknown kid from...
- 11-16 Da Windy City: Chicago Cubs' Kris Bryant wins N.L. Rookie of the Year: Kris Bryant was named the Baseball Writers Association of America's National League Rookie of the Year. After a sensational...
News -- May 2015
- 5-22 Cards That Never Were: 1968-69 O-Pee-Chee Bill Masterton: It has been a while since I made a hockey card for this site. Now we're deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs, so I think it's time.Each...
News -- March 2015
- 3-11 Cubbies Crib: The Chicago Cubs All-Time rookie team: This year more so than any other in recent Chicago Cubs history, there has been more attention on the rookies that are coming...
News -- January 2015
- 1-2 Tyler's Think Tank: Questionable Rookies of the Year: 1960s: Joe Morgan should have taken the NL honors in 1965 (The Score)1962 NL Ken Hubbs over everyone elseHubbs had strong counting...
News -- March 2011
- 3-14 The Daily Catch: Most Strikeouts by a Non-Power Hitter: We are used to seeing sluggers being feast or famine. Â Guys that will hit 50Â home runsÂ in a season, but strikeout 200 times....
News -- December 2010
- 12-20 B-R Blog: 30-Or-Younger & 90+ Hits In Final Season Since 1947: Since 1947, how many players age 30 or younger had 90+ hits in what turned out to be their final season? Here's the list - Rk...
News -- April 2011
- 4-19 Johngy's Beat: Everybody's Got a Record (C)HCoSG: A few months ago, I borrowed Everybody's Got A Record from Matt F. of Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius. The series...
News -- February 2011
- 2-24 Call to the Pen: Safety In Numbers: Best New Artist: Not too long ago, the internet nearly exploded from pre-teen angst over the upset victory by Esperanza Spalding over Tiger Beat...