Kenneth Douglass Hubbs
Position: Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: December 23, 1941 in Riverside, CA
High School: Colton HS (Colton, CA)
School: Brigham Young University (Provo, UT)
Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent in 1959.
Debut: September 10, 1961 (Age 19.261, 9,503rd in MLB history)
vs. PHI 3 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1962 season [*]
Team: Cubs 1961-1963
Last Game: September 29, 1963 (Age 21.280)
vs. MLN 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: February 15, 1964 in Provo, UT
Buried: Montecito Cemetery, Loma Linda, CA
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/2 Tyler's Think Tank: Questionable Rookies of the Year: 1960s: Joe Morgan should have taken the NL honors in 1965 (The Score)1962 NL Ken Hubbs over everyone elseHubbs had strong counting...
News -- April 2011
- 4/19 Johngy's Beat: Everybody's Got a Record (C)HCoSG: A few months ago, I borrowed Everybody's Got A Record from Matt F. of Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius. The series...
News -- March 2011
- 3/14 The Daily Catch: Most Strikeouts by a Non-Power Hitter: We are used to seeing sluggers being feast or famine. Guys that will hit 50 home runs in a season, but strikeout 200 times....
News -- February 2011
- 2/24 Call to the Pen: Safety In Numbers: Best New Artist: Not too long ago, the internet nearly exploded from pre-teen angst over the upset victory by Esperanza Spalding over Tiger Beat...
News -- December 2010
- 12/20 B-R Blog: 30-Or-Younger & 90+ Hits In Final Season Since 1947: Since 1947, how many players age 30 or younger had 90+ hits in what turned out to be their final season? Here's the list - Rk...