Joseph Walter Hoerner
Bats: Right, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: November 12, 1936 in Dubuque, IA
High School: Dubuque HS (Dubuque, IA)
Signed by the Chicago White Sox as an amateur free agent in 1957.
Debut: September 27, 1963 (Age 26.319)
vs. NYM 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1966 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cardinals/Phillies/Royals/Braves/Rangers/... 1963-1977
Final Game: August 5, 1977 (Age 40.266)
vs. PIT 0.2 IP, 0 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Died: October 4, 1996 in Hermann, MO
Buried: Resurrection Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2013
- 11/12 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 11/12: No future Astros, only former Astros with birthdays today ~
LHP Joe **** October 4, 1996 at age 59)
Drafted from the White...
News -- July 2012
- 7/26 High Heat Stats: Dodgers win(?) the Hanley regatta: ESPN reports that Miami has traded 3B Hanley Ramirez and RP Randy Choate to the Dodgers for SP Nathan Eovaldi and minor-league...
- 7/11 That Ball's Outta Here: Who Were the Weirdest All-Stars in Phillies History?: This year, despite being in last place, the Phillies sent three players to Kansas City for the 2012 All-Star Game, Cole Hamels,...
News -- March 2012
- 3/8 Bus League Baseball: The Bizarro Hall of Fame: The Class of 1983: The Bizarro Hall of Fame was a series I ran on my old blog, One More Dying Quail, in 2007. It consists of players who appeared...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...