Donald Albert Hoak
Position: Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: February 5, 1928 in Roulette, PA
High School: Roullette HS (Roullette, PA)
Signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers as an amateur free agent in 1947.
Debut: April 18, 1954 (Age 26.072, 8,710th in MLB history)
vs. NYG 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1954 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Redlegs/Dodgers/Phillies/Cubs 1954-1964
Last Game: May 12, 1964 (Age 36.097)
vs. STL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: October 9, 1969 in Pittsburgh, PA
Buried: Fishing Creek Cemetery, Roulette, PA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/26 Phillies Nation: Top 10 Trades in Phillies History: #7 Phils Dupe Detroit: Over the next two weeks, in conjunction with the run-up to the July 31 trade deadline, Phillies Nation will be presenting the...
News -- May 2014
- 5/29 Golden Gate Sports: Best Of The San Francisco Giants: Top 10 Seasons In Center Field: Golden Gate Sports continues to recap some of the best single-season performances in the history of the Oakland Athletics and...
News -- February 2014
- 2/20 Golden Gate Sports: Best Of The San Francisco Giants: Top 10 Seasons In Center Field: Golden Gate Sports continues to recap some of the best single-season performances in the history of the Oakland Athletics and...
News -- October 2013
- 10/21 The Cardboard Examiner: PURSUE THE PENNANTS: #45 ROY McMILLAN: SURE-HANDED IN THE FIELD.EMPTY-HANDED IN THE BATTER'S BOX.WHO'S THE HERO?Roy McMillan made his bones in the field, winning the...
News -- April 2013
- 4/23 This is Getting Old: The Time Has Come: The lights go out. Â The stadium is dark. Â A chill breezes through the air. Suddenly. Dong. Dong. Dong…… An organ...
News -- March 2013
- 3/22 The Cardboard Examiner: AUTOS FROM THE ARCHIVES: DICK GROAT: LOVE THOSE BUCCO SLEEVELESS JERSEYS.THIS IS HOW THE BACK OF A BASEBALL CARD SHOULD LOOK.In this feature, the 2012 Topps Archives...
News -- December 2012
- 12/31 Blog Red Machine: Cincinnati Reds All-Decade Team: The 1950s: It is difficult sifting through the record books and shaking it all out and creating an All-Star team for any franchise and/or...
- 12/2 Bronx Baseball Daily: Classic Yankees: Ralph Terry:
No one wants to be the goat, especially of a championship game. If so, you want the chance to redeem yourself.
News -- August 2012
- 8/11 The Writer's Journey: Hard-Luck Harvey Haddix and the Greatest Game Ever Lost by Lew Freedman (2009): Hard-Luck Harvey Haddix and the Greatest Game Ever Lost by Lew Freedman McFarland, 2009 218 pages Many games throughout history...
News -- May 2012
- 5/31 Baseball With Matt: 36 up, 36 down, and still lost 4/22/12: Hey Guys!In honor of Philip Humber pitching a perfecto yesterday, I want to blog about a very strange ALMOST-perfect game. I'll...
News -- December 2011
- 12/13 High Heat Stats: Aramis Ramirez: the yummiest of the Three Musketeers: Don't ask me about the title of this post. Whenever I think about Aramis Ramirez, my brain goes to the Three Musketeers, one...