Charles Joseph Hiller
Position: Second Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: October 1, 1934 in Johnsburg, IL
High School: McHenry HS (McHenry, IL)
School: University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
Signed by the Cleveland Indians as an amateur free agent in 1957.
Debut: April 11, 1961 (Age 26.192, 9,412th in MLB history)
vs. PIT 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1961 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Giants/Mets/Phillies/Pirates 1961-1968
Last Game: June 2, 1968 (Age 33.245)
vs. ATL 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Died: October 20, 2004 in St. Pete Beach, FL
Buried: Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Clearwater, FL
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/11 Mets360.com: Interview with former Mets prospect Jeff Grose: Part 1: INTERVIEW WITH JEFF GROSE: PART 1 Back in November of 2014, Card of the Week’s Mystery Met episode 9 featured a fresh-faced...
News -- March 2015
- 3/3 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Even The Losers: If you played for the Worst Teams Money Could Buy, plural, then chances are you ended your evenings on the short end of a lot...
- 3/3 Elysian Fielders: 1934 in a Box: Giants Checking In:Â Joey Amalfitano, San Pedro, CA Jackie...
News -- October 2014
- 10/19 Canadian Baseball Network: Scout: WS match ups, Royals in 6, or 7: * Lorenzo Cain places the American League Championship MVP trophy on home plate after the Kansas City Royals clinched a spot in...
- 10/2 Around the Foghorn: San Francisco Giants' wild-card notes from Steel-town black-out : Last night's victory by the San Francisco Giants over the Pittsburgh Pirates opens a new chapter of postseason play. Here...
News -- October 2013
- 10/28 AroundTheFoghorn: Memorable Moments: Giants World Series Edition: The 2013 World Series has had its share of memorable moments already. The way game 3 ended is one that will go down in baseball...
News -- August 2013
- 8/28 Billy-Ball.com: The 50 Years Ago Today Report: Nine to Know On August 28, 1963: The AL first-place Yankees (86-56) defeated the seventh-place Boston Red Sox (62-70), 4-1, as...
News -- January 2013
- 1/16 Yankees Fans Unite: Remembering the ’62 Classic on National Hat Day: Yesterday was National Hat Day–don’t ask me who comes up with these things–and that gives us an occasion to...
News -- December 2012
- 12/20 161st and River: Interviews | Bobby Richardson: The Yankee dynasty of the late 50s and early 60s was defined by its power. Â Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, the “M&M...
News -- June 2011
- 6/6 Giants Nirvana: DFA Miguel Tejada: A couple days ago, Carl Steward wrote this over at Extra Baggs --
So tell me again why youâre going to keep Tejada on the...
News -- May 2011
- 5/11 Giants Nirvana: Miguel Tejada's Bat: To say that Miguel Tejada has been mediocre with the bat in 2011 is actually quite an understatement; he's been absolutely atrocious...