Jimmy Wayne Haynes
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: September 5, 1972 in La Grange, GA
High School: Troup County HS (LaGrange, GA)
Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 7th round of the 1991 amateur draft.
Signed June 5, 1991.
Debut: September 13, 1995 (Age 23.008, 14,403rd in MLB history)
vs. BOS 7.0 IP, 3 H, 4 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1996 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Athletics/Brewers/Reds/Orioles 1995-2004
Last Game: May 4, 2004 (Age 31.242)
vs. MIL 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- June 2015
- 6/25 The Ballclub: Done Before It Started: I missed the beginning of the game on Wednesday night, so when I did put the game on, in the top of the 3rd, the game was over....
News -- April 2015
- 4/8 Daily Autograph: Jimmy Haynes: I met him at Jack Russell Memorial Stadium in Clearwater, Florida in 1995, when the Baltimore Orioles came to play the Philadelphia...
News -- October 2014
- 10/14 Reviewing the Brew: Forty-Five Years of Brewers Baseball: the 2000s: 2000 (73-89) The Brewers finished third in the N.L. Central in their final year at County Stadium. Left fielder Geoff Jenkins...
News -- March 2014
News -- December 2013
- 12/18 Baseball Analytics: Believing in Edinson Volquez: Poorly as Edinson Volquez pitches, teams just keep coming back for more. It has been half a decade since Volquez vanquished hitters...
News -- August 2013
- 8/28 Billy-Ball.com: The Pitcher RBI Report: Jonathon Niese threw a three-hit shutout as the Mets defeated the Phillies, 5-0 to end a five-game losing streak. The fun stat...
- 8/4 El Maquino: THE SUB-ONE K/BB CLUB IS NOT A FUN PLACE TO BE: > Look deep enough, and basically every player will have at least one fun little statistical quirk that makes them unique....
News -- February 2012
- 2/7 Royally Speaking: The Mendoza Lines: In my last post I listed Luis Mendoza as a longshot to make the rotation, and I believe that's certainly true. His two late season...
News -- September 2011
- 9/22 B-R Blog: Matt Moore fans 11 Yanks in his first start: Thursday night in the Bronx, 22-year-oldÂ Matt Moore,Â Tampa's latest pitching phenom, struck out 11 over 5 scoreless innings...
News -- March 2011
- 3/14 Blog Red Machine: My Honest ThoughtsMy thoughts and questions from March 14, 2011...
- 3/13 B-R Blog: 1,000 IP With WHIP = 1.5+: How many pitchers have thrown at least 1,000 big league innings since 1901 and fashioned a career H+BB/IP mark of 1.5 or greater?...
- 3/10 B-R Blog: 2003:Inexperienced Opening Day Starters: Andy's post on Tuesday and the ensuing discussion in the comments, made me wonder about recent inexperienced Opening Day starters.Â ...
News -- June 2010
- 6/13 B-R Blog: Drew Storen, National hero: Stephen Strasburg just got a huge boost from Drew Storen, who relieved Strasburg with the bases loaded and registered two outs...