Christopher Deane Haney
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: November 16, 1968 in Baltimore, MD
High School: Orange County HS (Barbourville, VA)
School: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)
Drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 2nd round of the 1990 amateur draft.
Signed June 13, 1990.
Debut: June 21, 1991 (Age 22.217, 13,566th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 SO, 2 BB, 4 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1991 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Royals/Expos/RedSox/Indians/Cubs 1991-2002
Last Game: August 18, 2002 (Age 33.275)
Relatives: Son of Larry Haney and Cousin of Mike Cubbage
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8-4 BronxPinstripes.com: August 4, 1996: Pettitte great in Yankees win over Royals: Andy Pettitte continued to play the role of stopper for this Yankees team, as he struck out a career high 11 over seven...
News -- July 2016
- 7-26 BronxPinstripes.com: July 26, 1996: Yankees blowout Royals 15-1: The Yankee bats finally woke up, pounding the Royals for 15 runs tonight to get back into the win column. Their 21 hits marked...
- 7-25 BronxPinstripes.com: July 25, 1996: Yankees shutout in 7-0 loss to Royals: The Yankees’ offense sputtered once again tonight, as they lost to the Kansas City Royals in the opening game of a three-game...
News -- March 2016
- 3-5 Baseball With Matt: Boggs's (Tampa) Bay Blast 3/5/16: Hey baseball fans!Spring Training is here, which means it's time to discuss the history of baseball in Florida and Arizona! Today,...
News -- May 2015
- 5-9 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: 1995 Game Recap: A First for the History Books—Indians 10, Royals 0: Throughout the 2015 season, Did the Tribe Win Last Night will take a look back at the 1995 Cleveland Indians for the 20th anniversary...
News -- September 2014
- 9-8 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: September 8, 1997: 1997: The Royals broke out the long ball to build an early 7-1 lead, and coasted to a 9-2 win over the Mariners at Kauffman Stadium.Seattle...
News -- July 2014
- 7-2 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–July 1, 1996: 1996: Joe RandaÃ¢â¬â¢s solo home run gave the Royals the lead for good, Chris Haney hurled a complete game, and Mike Macfarlane...
News -- April 2014
- 4-19 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 19, 1996: 1996: The Royals fell into an early 5-0 hole and could not recover, as Milwaukee delivered an 8-2 pounding at Kauffman Stadium.
News -- December 2013
- 12-17 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #90 WADE BOGGS: TEXTBOOK HITTING FORM.COLLECTED FIVE BATTING TITLES.DEFINING THE PLAYERJoe Garagiola once boiled down Wade Boggs at the plate as...
News -- March 2013
- 3-24 Friars on Base: Kyung-Min Na Released By The Padres: The Padres released six Minor Leaguers today (March 23), among the six is Kyung-Min Na, according to MLBTraderumors.com If Naâs...
News -- September 2011
- 9-12 B-R Blog: Pitchers 29 Or Younger Since 1996 With 225+ IP In A Season: Since 1996, how many pitchers, age 29 or younger, have thrown 225+ innings in a season? Here is the list - Rk Â Yrs From To Age...