Edward Leslie Grant
Positions: Third Baseman and Shortstop
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 168 lb.
Born: May 21, 1883 in Franklin, MA
School: Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
Debut: August 4, 1905 (Age 22.075, 2,731st in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1907 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Phillies/Reds/Giants/Naps 1905-1915
Last Game: October 6, 1915 (Age 32.138)
vs. BSN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: October 5, 1918 in Argonne, France
Buried: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery,in Romagne, France
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8/17 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Tragedy Strikes with Chapman Beaning: This story was originally published on December 23, 2014, as part of a series of stories by Did The Tribe Win Last Night’s...
News -- May 2016
- 5/30 Call to the Pen: MLB: Twelve Players Who Made The Ultimate Sacrifice: A day of reflection, Memorial Day is reserved to remember those brave soldiers who never came home. Twelve MLBplayers are in those...
- 5/30 Bleeding Yankee Blue: REMEMBERING BALLPLAYERS WHO GAVE THEIR ALL: As we head out to BBQ or hang at the beach, we have to be sure to remember why we have a three day weekend. Memorial Day,...
News -- May 2015
- 5/27 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Eddie Grant Began with the Tribe, Ended in the Argonne: He grew up Boston. He was memorialized in New York City â and much later, in San Francisco. But Eddie Grant began his baseball...
- 5/25 The Baseball Continuum: For Memorial Day: Baseball Players Who Gave Everything: (Portions of this have previously been in a post from May 2012.) Throughout history, there have been baseball players who have...
News -- December 2014
- 12/23 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Tragedy Strikes with Chapman Beaning: After a four-game sweep by the Yankees at League Park, the Indians had watched their lead in the American league dwindle from...
News -- May 2013
- 5/27 The Baseball Continuum: Classic Continuum: Ballplayers who gave everything: This article was initially published on Memorial Day, 2012. On this Memorial Day, it is as good a time as any to mention some...
News -- March 2013
- 3/22 Billy-Ball.com: In honor of Harvard’s NCAA win: Harvard, home to eight presidents, 47 Nobel Prize winners, 47 Pulitzer Prize winners, countless elected officials, numerous Supreme...
- 3/22 The Baseball Continuum: Picture of the day: Harvard Eddie: Eddie Grant was probably the best MLB player to ever come from Harvard, and was even called “Harvard Eddie” during...