Billy Cordell Grabarkewitz
Positions: Third Baseman, Second Baseman and Shortstop
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 165 lb.
Born: January 18, 1946 in Lockhart, TX
High School: Alamo Heights HS (San Antonio, TX)
Schools: St. Mary's University (San Antonio, TX), Texas State University (San Marcos, TX)
Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 12th round of the 1966 amateur draft.
Debut: April 22, 1969 (Age 23.094, 10,421st in MLB history)
vs. SFG 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1970 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Dodgers/Angels/Phillies/Cubs/Athletics 1969-1975
Last Game: April 25, 1975 (Age 29.097)
vs. CAL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- July 2015
- 7/14 OutsidePitchMLB: On this day in MLB history: Pete Rose trucks Ray Fosse: On this day in MLB history 45 years ago, Cincinnati hosted the 41st MLB All-Star Game at Riverfront Stadium. This particular Midsummer...
News -- June 2015
- 6/10 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: 1974 Tom Seaver: 1974 TOPPS STAMPS TOM SEAVER So many magical mysteries, in the immortal words of *** Dan… And this one ranks right up there...
News -- May 2015
- 5/30 Shoestring Catches: Cincinnati Reds All-Star Game History: 1970: With the Cincinnati Reds hosting the Major League All-Star Game this summer on July 14, it will be the fifth time the history...
News -- March 2015
- 3/30 The Starting Nine: Best Non-Pitching Rookie Seasons Ever: Kris Bryant has Cubs fans drooling in anti**** of his arrival. To some Bryant winning NL Rookie of the Year is a foregone conclusion....
News -- January 2015
- 1/18 Mets360.com: Curtis Granderson and Juan Lagares had identical 2014 xBABIP marks: Throughout history there have been players who put up fluke seasons in the majors. Undoubtedly, youâve got a mental image in...
News -- October 2014
- 10/13 District on Deck: Year in Review: Anthony Rendon : I highly doubt that anyone outside of Houston, Texas imagined Anthony Rendon would have the type of season he did. Not this year....
News -- October 2013
- 10/25 halosdaily.com: Halo History: Andy Messersmith, The First Free Agent: In 1879, as professional baseball was steadily growing in po**** the owners of the eight teams of the National League were worried...
News -- September 2013
- 9/12 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back – 9/12/1973: Mets Edge Phillies: Today at Veterans Stadium, the Mets beat the Phillies 3-2 to pull within 2.5 games of first place in the N.L. East. Philadelphia...
- 9/11 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back – 9/11/1973: Mets Fail to Gain Ground in Loss at Philly: The New York Mets stayed in 4th place, 3 GB 72-72 St. Louis, with a 6-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies today, Tuesday, September...
News -- August 2012
- 8/21 High Heat Stats: Lightning in a bottle – baseball’s one-year wonders: In 2011,Â Blue Jays’ starter Ricky Romero had a breakout season with 6.2 WAR and an All-Star selection, but this year …...
News -- April 2012
- 4/3 High Heat Stats: Contributing Without Connecting: This past week, Jack Cust was released and later picked up by the YankeesÂ on a minor-league contract.Â Cust, at 53.0%,Â isÂ the...
News -- February 2012
- 2/8 High Heat Stats: Famous flameouts: Here are players who posted a very strong 1st or 2nd season (specifically they had to be among the 172 guys since 1901 to qualify...
News -- August 2011
- 8/31 B-R Blog: Most BB Post-1900 Careers Of 1,500 AB Or Less: Since 1901, of all batters with 1,500 career AB in the majors, or less, who has the most walks? The list - Rk Player BB AB From...