Gregory Bryant Goossen
Positions: First Baseman, Pinch Hitter and Catcher
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 210 lb.
Born: December 14, 1945 in Los Angeles, CA
High School: Notre Dame HS (Sherman Oaks, CA)
Signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers as an amateur free agent in 1964.
Debut: September 3, 1965 (Age 19.263, 10,000th in MLB history)
vs. STL 4 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1967 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Mets/Pilots/Senators/Brewers 1965-1970
Last Game: October 1, 1970 (Age 24.291)
vs. BAL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: February 26, 2011 in Sherman Oaks, CA
Buried: Body donated to UCLA Medical School
About biographical information
News -- December 2016
- 12-27 Mets Merized: 1967 Mets Top Prospects: Best Crop Ever?: 50 Years Later, A Look Back To 1967′s Top Mets Prospects With the proliferation of web sites now dedicated to evaluating...
News -- May 2014
- 5-2 MetsToday.com: Mets Game 27: Loss To Rockies: Rockies 7 Mets 4 The final score was much closer than the reality of the ballgame. Mets Game Notes As mentioned several times...
News -- November 2013
- 11-2 Mets360.com: Trades that shaped the Mets: The 1960s: Weâve encountered a lot of speculation lately about which players the Mets should obtain this off-season.Â The team must assess...
News -- June 2012
- 6-30 Rising Apple: This Date in Mets History: 1968: Seaver Beats Fellow ’62s, 1-0, at Astrodome: The 1968 New York Mets are a team on the rise. Gil Hodges, in his first year with the club, has them playing hard and, though...
News -- March 2011
- 3-1 Baseball Musings: Pilot Passes: Catcher Greg Goossen, one of the few people to play for the short lived Seattle Pilots, passed away Saturday. He played for nothing...