Vernon William Geishert
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 215 lb.
Born: January 10, 1946 in Madison, WI
School: University of Wisconsin at Madison (Madison, WI)
Drafted by the California Angels in the 2nd round of the 1966 amateur draft (January).
Debut: August 26, 1969 (Age 23.228, 10,487th in MLB history)
vs. CLE 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 SO, 1 BB, 2 ER, W
Team: Angels 1969
Last Game: October 2, 1969 (Age 23.265)
vs. KCR 6.2 IP, 4 H, 5 SO, 2 BB, 2 ER, L
About biographical information
News -- December 2015
- 12/18 Around the Foghorn: San Francisco Giants: 5 Trades That Did Not Work Out: All professional sports teams swing and miss once in a while when acquiring players from another team. But you still need to step...
News -- December 2014
- 12/11 Call to the Pen: Baseball Stew: Baseball's most lopsided trades, part two: Here now is the second installment of a handful of select baseball swaps made in the 1900s which rank among the most lopsided...
News -- July 2014
- 7/8 Riverfront Ball: Great Trades in Cincinnati Reds History - George Foster: As the trade deadline approaches, the Cincinnati Reds find themselves in need of an offensive upgrade, particularly in left field...
News -- December 2013
- 12/27 The Writer's Journey: George Foster’s Career in the Eyes of Topps (and a couple of fun cards to boot): Inspired by Wrigley Wax’s Tile Tuesday series, I decided to feature all of George Foster‘s Topps cards from his career...
News -- May 2013
- 5/29 Blog Red Machine: Foster Comes to Cincinnati: It took about four years, but it was worth the wait. Well worth the wait. On this day in 1971, the Reds acquired George Foster...
News -- September 2011
- 9/19 The Greatest 21 Days: Cards from the Mall: Deron Johnson and CMC Connections: Salt Lake City manager Deron Johnson posed the question to his young hitter that year in 1978.The question was, how many at bats...