Virgil Lee Garvin
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: January 1, 1874 in Navasota, TX
Debut: July 13, 1896 (Age 22.194)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1899 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Superbas/Orphans/Brewers/WhiteSox/Phillies/... 1896-1904
Final Game: September 16, 1904 (Age 30.259)
Died: June 16, 1908 in Fresno, CA
Buried: Mountain View Cemetery, Fresno, CA
About biographical information
News -- August 2013
- 8/12 Billy-Ball.com: The ERA Leaders Report: Major league ERA leader Clayton Kershaw (11-7) allowed one earned run in eight innings, as the Dodgers sent Tampa Bay to its season-high...
News -- May 2013
- 5/6 Beyond the Scorecard: 5/5/13 Box Score Ephemera: Looking for the needles in the haystacks that were the games of Sunday, May 5th, 2013.***IMPRESSIVE, BUT...***The Tigers 9-0 victory...
News -- May 2012
- 5/7 James Smyth Broadcast: All-Time Bluefield Team - Sammy Stewart: The next member of the All-Time Bluefield-to-the-Bigs Team is relief pitcher Sammy Stewart. This 6' 3" mustachioed right-hander...
News -- April 2012
- 4/12 High Heat Stats: Roger Clemens, 1996, and the other unluckiest pitching seasons of all-time: In 1996, Roger Clemens had an offseason by his standards, off enough that it may have been the spur to get him on steroids. It...
News -- July 2011
- 7/27 B-R Blog: Doug Fister can’t buy a win: Seattle finally won a game Wednesday, erupting for 9 runs against the Yankees. It's no surprise that it happened the day after...
News -- June 2011
- 6/10 B-R Blog: Madison Bumgarner and Very Tough Losses: Madison Bumgarner was charged with his 8th loss Thursday, although he allowed just 1 run in 7 innings. It was his 4th loss this...
News -- May 2010
- 5/27 B-R Blog: Roy Oswalt is getting #^$%ed: According to his neutralized pitching stats, Roy Oswalt deserves a .731 winning percentage this year, which projects to a 19-7...