Richard Frank Gardner
Bats: Right, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 176 lb.
Born: December 19, 1944 in Binghamton, NY
High School: Central HS (Binghamton
Signed by the Minnesota Twins as an amateur free agent in 1963.
Debut: September 1, 1965 (Age 20.256, 9,994th in MLB history)
vs. HOU 3.0 IP, 6 H, 6 SO, 1 BB, 5 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1966 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Mets/Yankees/Cubs/Brewers/Athletics/... 1965-1973
Last Game: July 13, 1973 (Age 28.206)
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- October 2015
- 10/13 Faith & Fear in Flushing: And I Believe in a Promised Land: âHello? Anyone still up?â
âIâm not coming by too late, am I?â
âNo, itâs fine. Come in. Sit down....
News -- February 2015
- 2/6 Mets360.com: Reinventing the Mets: 1966: In some ways, the 1965 season was a disappointment. It would have been the first year since expansion that the Mets didnât improve...
News -- February 2013
- 2/10 Mets Merized: Old Time Mets: Bob Friend, Bob Shaw, and Ralph Terry: In 1966, in the days before Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Gary Gentry, and Nolan Ryan, when the Mets’ young pitchers were named...
News -- June 2012
- 6/2 High Heat Stats: 10 Amazin’ Mets facts about Johan Santana’s no-hitter: Here are 10 facts about The Mets and Johan Santana following his no-hitter for the Mets. 1. The Mets had a whopping 26 compete-game...
News -- August 2011
- 8/29 NY Baseball Digest: Chris Capuano’s Unique Place in Mets History: With everyone preparing for Hurricane Irene you might have missed a dominant pitching performance by Chris Capuano on Friday....
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...
News -- July 2010
- 7/12 B-R Blog: A Game Score of 90 Early in a Career: In another post, reader Scott V. wrote the following about Travis Wood's game score of 93 yesterday:
This was Wood's third major...