Eugene Lewis Freese
Positions: Third Baseman and Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: January 8, 1934 in Wheeling, WV
High School: Wheeling Central HS (Wheeling, WV)
School: West Liberty State College (West Liberty, WV)
Signed by the Pittsburgh Pirates as an amateur free agent in 1953.
Debut: April 13, 1955 (Age 21.095, 8,806th in MLB history)
vs. BRO 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1955 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Reds/WhiteSox/Phillies/Cardinals/... 1955-1966
Last Game: September 3, 1966 (Age 32.238)
vs. ATL 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: June 19, 2013 in New Orleans, LA
Relatives: Brother of George Freese
About biographical information
News -- May 2015
- 5/3 Gammons Daily: Around the majors report: Stats report: Lee Sinins is the creator of the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia, the most powerful baseball encyclopedia on the market. 1) Yesterday,...
News -- January 2015
- 1/8 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 1/8: Happy Birthday to ~RHP Samil de los Santos (21)Signed by the Astros as a non-drafted free agent from the Dominican Republic...
News -- February 2014
- 2/13 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #19 Johnny Callison: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #20. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all time using impact...
News -- January 2014
- 1/8 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 1/8: Happy Birthday to ~RHP Samil de los Santos (20)Signed by the Astros as a non-drafted free agent from the Dominican Republic...
News -- February 2013
- 2/8 Billy-Ball.com: Nine to Know: Blizzard Edition and Top 10 Boston Snowstorms: Here are nine players suited for the blizzard that awaits David Weathers Roy Weatherly Windy McCall Shovel Hodge Boots Day Storm...
News -- December 2012
- 12/20 Blog Red Machine: MLB: Does Size Matter? Comparing the 1961 and 2012 Cincinnati Reds: Does size make a difference? An age-old question, but where did it start? Was it in a cave, and one little cave boy told the other...