Marvis Edwin Foley
Positions: Catcher and Pinch Hitter
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: August 29, 1953 in Stanford, KY
School: University of Kentucky (Lexington, KY)
Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 17th round of the 1975 amateur draft.
Debut: September 11, 1978 (Age 25.013, 11,724th in MLB history)
vs. MIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1979 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Rangers 1978-1984
Last Game: September 30, 1984 (Age 31.032)
vs. CAL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- May 2016
- 5-4 TalkNats.com: Daniel “Hits” Murphy is ‘en fuego’ and a WAR machine: His given name is Daniel Thomas Murphy, and he likes to be called Daniel, not Danny, Dan or Danny Boy. Murphy was born on April...
News -- January 2015
- 1-31 Halo Hangout: Halo Trivia: Which Angel Has Thrown a Perfect Game?: As the Angels are about to embark on their 52nd season we have a a lot of great moments to reflect on. The die hard fans checking...
News -- August 2013
- 8-6 The Greatest 21 Days: Marv Foley, Still Communicating - 505: Originally published Feb. 20, 2011 Marv Foley realized a lot of his players felt they should be in the majors, Foley told MLB.com...
News -- February 2013
- 2-5 RoxPile: Rockies Add Development Supervisors Throughout System: Bill Geivett insists that he will micromanage less this season. Though he refused to apologize for the heavy-handed setup that...
News -- February 2012
- 2-4 The Greatest 21 Days: 1981 Topps: CMC Finds: I was in my local card shop last weekend, killing time after dropping off my wife at something, and I found several 1981 Topps...