Thomas Carson Filer
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: December 1, 1956 in Philadelphia, PA
School: LaSalle University (Philadelphia
Signed by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1978.
Debut: June 8, 1982 (Age 25.189, 12,211th in MLB history)
vs. PHI 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 SO, 3 BB, 4 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1985 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Brewers/BlueJays/Mets/Cubs 1982-1992
Last Game: August 7, 1992 (Age 35.250)
vs. CHC 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/3 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Even The Losers: If you played for the Worst Teams Money Could Buy, plural, then chances are you ended your evenings on the short end of a lot...
News -- November 2014
- 11/27 Canadian Baseball Network: Celebrating and remembering Jays 1985 season: * The 1985 Toronto Blue Jays, led by the best young outfield in baseball — LF George Bell, the future AL MVP, CF Lloyd...
News -- July 2014
- 7/29 Sports Injury Alert: Pirates Injury Update: Gerrit Cole rehab result: As the Pittsburgh Pirates work towards getting back to the top of the National League Central, they got some very encouraging...
News -- August 2013
- 8/21 The Greatest 21 Days: Doug Ault, Battle With - 3482: Doug Ault looked forward to competing for a job in the Blue Jays' inaugural starting lineup, he told The St. Petersburg Times...
News -- June 2013
- 6/10 MLBTradeRumors: Quick Hits: Adams, Cole, Twins, Rangers: The 2013-2014 class of free agent pitching is "grim," says Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan. Hiroki Kuroda figures to be the best starting...
News -- June 2010
- 6/18 MLBTradeRumors: Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Lee, Orioles, Gomes, Loewen: On this date back in 1996, catcher Chris Anderson delivered a run scoring single for the Hudson Valley Renegades of the short...