Andrew Auguste Etchebarren
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: June 20, 1943 in Whittier, CA
High School: La Puente HS (La Puente, CA)
Signed by the Baltimore Orioles as an amateur free agent in 1961.
Debut: September 26, 1962 (Age 19.098, 9,666th in MLB history)
vs. KCA 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1966 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Orioles/Angels/Brewers 1962-1978
Last Game: April 20, 1978 (Age 34.304)
vs. BOS 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/2 Camden Depot: Rumor Has It...2016 Orioles Edition: Qualifying Offers / Resignings: Click here for Jon Shepherd's archive.This series considers briefly players who have been connected to the Orioles by the press. ...
News -- January 2015
- 1/9 Baseball de World: Where Are They Now? Our 2012 Top 10 Independent Baseball League Managers: In 2012 we named what we thought was the Top 10 Independent Baseball Managers. We thought this year we would take a look at where...
News -- June 2014
- 6/20 mlbreports.com: Some MLB Trivia: 5 Questions + Birthdays June 20th: Happy Birthday on June 20th to: Dickie Thon, 56 Carlos Lee, 38 Andy Etchebarren, 71 Bill Werber, Made it to 100 years old when...
News -- May 2013
- 5/15 Birds Watcher: Even if 7, 8 and 9 hit, pitching is priority 1: All the recent weeping and wailing over the mediocrity of the Baltimore Orioles’ 7-8-9 hitters has left me somewhat amused....
News -- January 2013
- 1/1 Birds Watcher: Baltimore Orioles: is there room for any more retired numbers?: Hi everyone, I’m sorry it’s been a while since I posted, but I’m back! And I have a question for you, will the...
News -- May 2011
- 5/22 B-R Blog: Very productive despite batting under .200: Here are the guys to bat under .200 while having an OPS+ of at least 120: Rk Player BA OPS+ Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR...
News -- March 2011
- 3/19 B-R Blog: 8-Hitter Homers: Since 1919, who has hit the most homeruns in baseball while batting out of the 8th slot in the line-up? If I did this query correct,...