Donald Glenn Elliott
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: September 20, 1968 in Pasadena, TX
High School: Deer Park HS (Deer Park, TX)
School: San Jacinto College, North Campus (Houston, TX)
Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 7th round of the 1987 amateur draft.
Signed May 30, 1988.
Debut: April 23, 1994 (Age 25.215, 14,089th in MLB history)
vs. PHI 2.2 IP, 4 H, 2 SO, 2 BB, 2 ER
Team: Padres 1994-1995
Last Game: September 19, 1995 (Age 26.364)
vs. COL 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 SO, 1 BB, 0 ER
About biographical information
News -- July 2015
- 7/11 The Greatest 21 Days: Donnie Elliott, In Shock - 16: Originally published Jan. 1, 2013When Donnie Elliott made the majors for the first time in 1994, he was not necessarily surprised...
News -- January 2015
- 1/5 Friars on Base: Forgotten Friars: The Crime Dog: Fred McGriff was as steady and consistent as they come all throughout his career. The big lefty with the smooth stroke raked it...
- 1/4 Tomahawk Take: Will Former Atlanta Braves First Basemen Fred McGriff Enter The MLB Hall Of Fame: July 20th 1993... The Atlanta Braves send Vince Moore,Donnie ElliottandMelvin Nievesto the San Diego Padres for first basemen...
News -- August 2014
- 8/8 The Pesky Pole: The 1993 Atlanta Braves and The Last Pennant Race: Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux were inducted into the Hall of Fame last weekend. John Smoltz should be inducted next year. 1993...
News -- July 2013
- 7/31 Padres Public: Great Moments in Padres Trade Deadline History: Fred McGriff Edition: Continuing the week’s Trade Deadline theme, I decided to go a slightly different route than Avenging Jack Murphy and Vocal...
- 7/12 Baseball Musings: A Sid Bream Move: Adam Kilgore wonders if the Nationals should trade for another starting pitcher. It strikes me that Adam is looking on the wrong...
News -- May 2013
- 5/6 Bay Area Sports Guy: Friday Meltup: win free grilled cheese sandwiches and Giants tickets: A lot of you have already planned on heading to AT&T Park on Friday night to watch the first place San Francisco Giants take...
News -- January 2013
- 1/1 The Greatest 21 Days: Donnie Elliott, In Shock - PC2482: When Donnie Elliott made the majors for the first time in 1994, he was not necessarily surprised he was there, but surprised at...
News -- December 2012
- 12/3 Friars on Base: McGriff to Braves Trade Remains a Lopsided Blunder: When people ask me what it was like growing up as a Padres fan, I am always willing to discuss the positives.Â But you know what...
News -- July 2010
- 7/23 MLBTradeRumors: Jack Of All Trades: Fred McGriff: What do you think of when you hearÂ Fred McGriff's name?Â For me, the answer is Terry McGriff, whose baseball card I often pulled...
News -- June 2010
- 6/25 MLBTradeRumors: Remembering the 1993 Trade Deadline: Ah, 1993 was a rough year. The Branch Davidian cult taught us to love again, sure, but not to excess. So did the crazed Steffi...