Calvin John Eldred
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 215 lb.
Born: November 24, 1967 in Cedar Rapids, IA
High School: Urbana Community HS (Center Point, IA)
School: University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA)
Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1st round (17th pick) of the 1989 amateur draft.
Signed June 24, 1989.
Debut: September 24, 1991 (Age 23.304)
vs. NYY 5.1 IP, 7 H, 1 SO, 2 BB, 3 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1992 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Brewers/Cardinals/WhiteSox 1991-2005
Agents: Ron Shapiro [*]
Final Game: October 1, 2005 (Age 37.311)
vs. CIN 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/2 Da Windy City: White Sox: Two Games, Zero Wins: LegendaryChicago Cubs infielder Ernie Banks made the famous saying, "It's a beautiful day for a ballgame ... let's...
News -- June 2014
- 6/13 The Brewer Nation: Brewers Wall of Honor Unveiled Today: The Milwaukee Brewers will formally unveil the “Brewers Wall of Honor” at Miller Park today. The Wall of Honor will commemorate...
News -- February 2014
News -- October 2013
- 10/20 Baseballhotcorner.com: World Series Preview: St.Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox: After 170 baseball games and over 1500 innings the stage has been set for the 2013 World Series between the St.Louis Cardinals...
News -- March 2013
- 3/26 El Maquino: FREESE TO MISS FIRST WEEK: > The team said yesterday that David Freese‘s MRI was encouraging, but today announced that he has been put on the disabled...
- 3/16 El Maquino: THERE NEVER WAS A MILLER-KELLY RACE: > To the bitter end, the Cardinals are trying to convince us that there is an actual race between Shelby Miller and Joe Kelly...
News -- February 2013
- 2/7 Justin Jabs: Best #21s in my lifetime: In about 12 hours, it will be my 21st birthday. This time tomorrow I will be on my way to Wisconsin’s capital to celebrate...
News -- September 2012
- 9/18 High Heat Stats: Stupid stuff from Monday’s games: Orioles 10, @Mariners 4: It’s the first time any team has scored 10+ runs at Safeco Field since 2011-08-30. The total of...
News -- August 2012
- 8/20 High Heat Stats: Game notes from Sunday action: Rays 8, @Angels 3: For the first time in their 52-year history, the Angels were swept in a 4-game series while allowing 7+ runs...
- 8/9 High Heat Stats: Pitching reliability – an honest day’s work: Quick – have you had a bad day at work this year? Pretty silly question, right. Well, if you’re among a select group...
News -- May 2012
- 5/21 High Heat Stats: The Mount Rushmore of the Milwaukee Brewers: We turn our attention to another of the 1969 expansion teams, although this one was known as the Seattle Pilots back then. For...
News -- January 2012
- 1/11 C70 At The Bat: Keeping You Informed: Winter Warm-Up (And A Site Announcement):
It's tough to keep the flame of baseball going during the winter. Sure, it's easier than it was a decade ago, with the...
News -- October 2011
- 10/9 B-R Blog: All-time Cardinals/Brewers team: In honor of the rematch of the 1982 World Series that will occur in the 2011 NLCS, here is a stab at the all-time team of players...
News -- July 2010
- 7/22 B-R Blog: 120+ Pitches & Less Than 5 Innings: Since 1988, through July 21, 2010, how many starting pitchers have thrown 120+ pitches in a game while recording less than 15...
News -- June 2010
- 6/10 B-R Blog: Wearing out young pitchers (?): These days there always seems to be lots of attention put on the issue of whether young pitchers' careers can be ruined by having...