Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 7", Weight: 168 lb.
Born: November 26, 1866 in Cranston, RI
Debut: June 23, 1888 (Age 21.210)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1888 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Beaneaters/WhiteStockings/Pirates/Reds/Brewers/... 1888-1906
Final Game: April 13, 1906 (Age 39.138)
Inducted into the Hall of Fame by Old Timers Committee as Player in 1945.
No induction ceremony in Cooperstown held (until 2013).
View Hugh Duffy Page at the Baseball Hall of Fame (plaque, photos, videos).
Died: October 19, 1954 in Boston, MA
Buried: Mount Calvary Cemetery, Roslindale, MA
About biographical information
News -- September 2013
- 9/30 BoSox Injection: The One Invincible Baseball Record: There were records I never thought would be broken. Ty Cobb and his career hit total shattered by Pete Rose. Lou Gehrig and the...
News -- February 2013
- 2/3 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 19th Century: We now enter the early days of baseball, going through the stars of the Boston Beaneaters/Red Stockings. The franchise truly...
News -- December 2012
- 12/30 Baseball Reality Tour: 2013 Hall of Fame "Ballot", Part I: This year's Baseball Writers' Association of America Hall of Fame ballot is the most crowded in over 65 years, when 95 players...
News -- January 2012
- 1/10 High Heat Stats: WAAS: Wins Above All-Star Level: (Errors in the HOF list in an earlier version of this post have been corrected.)In two recent columns (insider),...
- 1/6 The Captain's Blog: No, No, Frazee: A Look Back at the Reaction Following Babe Ruth’s Sale to the Yankees: Day will break and I’m gonna wake; and start to bake a sugar cake;for you to take for all the boys to see. – Lyrics from...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...