Patrick Edward Dobson
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: February 12, 1942 in Buffalo, NY
High School: Lancaster HS (Lancaster, NY)
Signed by the Detroit Tigers as an amateur free agent in 1959.
Debut: May 31, 1967 (Age 25.108)
vs. CLE 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 SO, 0 BB, 2 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1968 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Tigers/Yankees/Orioles/Indians/Padres/... 1967-1977
Final Game: September 19, 1977 (Age 35.219)
Died: November 22, 2006 in San Diego, CA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2014
News -- July 2014
- 7/31 The Baltimore Wire: Top 50 Players In Baltimore Sports History: Countdown 20-11: In our top 50 players in Baltimore sports history, we are getting to the point in the list here on The Baltimore Wire where readersshould...
- 7/30 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: Hansen’s Unassisted Triple Play: July 30, 1968 On a hot evening at Cleveland Stadium the 5,937 fans in attendance witnessed a baseball rarity. In the bottom of...
News -- March 2014
- 3/17 Gammons Daily: Celebrating Patrick’s Day: I have no idea if these guys are saints or not. Nine to Know: Patricks Patrick Corbin, the 24-year old Arizona Diamondback lefty,...
News -- February 2014
- 2/12 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: February 12, 1942: Future Tribe pitcher Pat Dobson is born in Buffalo, New York. Dobson broke into the majors in 1967 with the Detroit Tigers and...
News -- November 2013
- 11/12 More Than A Fan: ML what would B: What if Sandy Koufax Was Never Plagued With Arthritis?: Hey baseball fans! Matt Nadel here of Baseball with Matt with some more on baseball’s alternate past. I’m sure that all of...
News -- August 2013
News -- July 2013
- 7/30 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Day in D.C. Baseball History – Hansen’s Unassisted Triple Play: July 30, 1968 On a hot evening at Cleveland Stadium the 5,937 fans in attendance witnessed a baseball rarity. In the bottom of...
News -- May 2013
- 5/12 Birds Watcher: Baltimore Orioles: The Rotating Rotation: ro·ta·tion [roh-tey-shuhn] noun … 1. the act of rotating; a turning around as on an axis. 2. a regularly recurring succession....
News -- April 2013
- 4/27 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back – April 27th, 1973: Mets Blanked by Braves 2-0: Tonight in Atlanta, the Mets were shut out by Atlanta 2-0. Tom Seaver got the start for the Mets and pitched extremely well. ...
News -- February 2013
News -- January 2013
News -- December 2012
- 12/21 Buhner Dot Com: The Yankee Pitcher Curse – Part 1: The Dawn Of Steinbrenner (1975-1981): A couple of weeks ago, Jeff Passan implied something that a lot of people have said in the past. He stated that players coming...
News -- March 2011
- 3/28 Caught Looking: The Phillies rotation: Trivia question: Who was the last team to have four 20-game winners in one year? Answer: The 1971 Orioles rotation that featured...
News -- February 2011
- 2/18 YankeeAnalysts.com: Can Lightning Strike Twice? Joba, Yankees Can Learn A Lot From Ron Guidry: (The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog). Once upon a time, the Yankees had a promising young pitching prospect who...
- 2/18 The Captain's Blog: Can Lightning Strike Twice? Joba, Yankees Can Learn A Lot from Ron Guidry: (In addition to appearing at The Captain’s Blog, this post is also being syndicated at TheYankeeAnalysts). Once upon a time,...