Arthur John Ditmar
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: April 3, 1929 in Winthrop, MA
High School: Pittsfield HS (Pittsfield, MA)
School: American International University (Springfield, MA)
Signed by the Philadelphia Athletics as an amateur free agent in 1948.
Debut: April 19, 1954 (Age 25.016, 8,717th in MLB history)
vs. WSH 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1955 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Yankees/Athletics 1954-1962
Last Game: May 19, 1962 (Age 33.046)
vs. WSA 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8-29 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History – ’24 Senators beat Yankees to take 1/2 game lead: August 28 1909 – William “Dolly” Gray of Washington enters the record book by walking 8 White Sox in the bottom...
- 8-2 Last Word on Sports: The Most Significant Home Run: Gibson, Mazeroski, or Carter?: Hitting a home run is every young fan's dream. Some choose the superlative of hitting one in the World Series. Who hit baseball's...
News -- August 2015
News -- September 2014
- 9-8 It's About the Money (Stupid): Yankeemetrics: Sept. 5-7 (Royals): This pretty much sums up the Royals series. (Photo credit: Star-Ledger)
No offense, Yankees stink â Part I
The Yankees wasted...
News -- August 2014
News -- May 2014
- 5-11 Radical Baseball: Shift on Mickey Mantle.:
Lou Boudreau manager Boston Red Sox
1953 Bowman card via Wiki Commons
Lou Boudreau deployed his shift on both Ted Williams...
News -- October 2013
- 10-11 James Smyth Broadcast: Top Yankees Postseason Home Runs by Inning: Extras: The final installment of this series features the 11 Yankee postseason home runs hit in extra innings. This has been a fun project...
News -- August 2013
News -- February 2013
- 2-19 MLBTradeRumors: AL East Notes: Granderson, Kuroda, Blue Jays, Carp: The Yankees and the then-Kansas City Athletics swung a 13-player trade on this day in 1957, a deal that brought future Yankee...
News -- August 2012
- 8-28 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History – ’24 Senators beat Yankees to take 1/2 game lead: August 28 1909 - William “Dolly” Gray of Washington enters the record book by walking 8 White Sox in the bottom of...
- 8-19 Bleeding Yankee Blue: CASEY STENGEL WOULD HAVE LOVED SABATHIA'S GUTS:
Former Yankee pitcher Art Ditmar once said of his manager Casey Stengel, "Casey, he would do anything to win. Anything
News -- April 2012
- 4-5 High Heat Stats: This Day in Baseball Trade History – April 5: What were the most notable baseball trades to happen on this day? With the luxury of hindsight, it’s fun to look back and...
News -- December 2011
- 12-25 High Heat Stats: Most triples allowed in a season since 1901: At list he didn't make this this whilewith the Dodgers, right? / Icon SMI Player 3B Year Tm IP Larry Christenson...