James Alexander Devlin
Positions: Pitcher, First Baseman and Rightfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: June 6, 1849 in Philadelphia, PA
Debut: April 21, 1873 (Age 23.319, 188th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1874 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Grays/WhiteStockings/Whites 1873-1877
Last Game: October 6, 1877 (Age 28.122)
Died: October 10, 1883 in Philadelphia, PA
Buried: New Cathedral Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA
About biographical information
News -- June 2016
- 6-14 Call to the Pen: Athletics George Hall Hits for First Major League Cycle: Hitting for the cycle is still a fairly rare accomplishment. It is one of the ultimate showcases of speed and power, or, as can...
News -- October 2015
- 10-7 Baseball Magazine: My Plea to Free the Great Shoeless Joe Jackson: Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfed has made the decision to not reinstate an all-time great. No, I’m not talking about the...
News -- February 2015
- 2-6 On-Base Talk: Is MLB Moving To Legalize Gambling?: There are two time periods in which gambling was prevalent in baseball. From 1865-1920, when gambling was the national past time...
News -- March 2013
- 3-17 60ft6in.com: F12 Top12 1876-1879: In the 1870s, Yellowstone National Park was established, Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful telephone call, the United...
News -- April 2011
- 4-19 YankeeAnalysts.com: My Favorite Stat on Mo: Career Leaders & Records for Adjusted ERA+ Rank Player (age) Adjusted ERA+ Throws 1. MarianoÂ Rivera (41) 206 R 2....
News -- August 2010
- 8-13 B-R Blog: POLL: Is Mariano Rivera the greatest pitcher in baseball history?: Mariano Rivera is 40 years old, still pitching extremely well, and is first in baseball history in ERA+. Among active pitchers,...