Robert Eugene Dernier
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: January 5, 1957 in Kansas City, MO
High School: Raytown South HS (Blue Springs, MO)
School: Longview Community College (Kansas City, MO)
Signed by the Philadelphia Phillies as an amateur free agent in 1977.
Debut: September 7, 1980 (Age 23.246, 11,992nd in MLB history)
vs. LAD 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 1 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1982 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cubs/Phillies 1980-1989
Last Game: October 1, 1989 (Age 32.269)
vs. MON 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- October 2014
- 10/10 Friars on Base: Looking Back: The Padres 1984 NLCS Game One: Since the San Diego Padres are once again on the outside looking in at October baseball, we at Friars On Base want to take the...
News -- July 2014
- 7/19 Around the Foghorn: Duane Kuiper leads San Francisco Giants in look back at history: The year was 1982 and the San Francisco Giants, who would eliminate the Los Angeles Dodgers from contention on the last day of...
News -- March 2014
- 3/18 Rays Colored Glasses: Ben Zobrist: The Tampa Bay Rays' Version of Superman Second basemen hold a particular fondness for me. I grew up a Chicago Cubs fan and ...
- 3/13 Sports Unbiased: MLB: 1984 Cubs Still Special to Chicago 30 Years Later: AP Photo/Pete Leabo
The Cubs have unquestionably been in a rebuilding period for the past four seasons. Many non-Cubs supporters...
News -- January 2013
- 1/7 Phillies Nation: Replaced by a Franchise Hero: Dernier/Samuel Combo: Ah, 1989: the U.S. inaugurated a new president, Thomas and Friends begins to air on PBS, and the top played song was “Look...
News -- August 2012
- 8/4 High Heat Stats: Out with a bang, out with a whimper: Out with a bang Here are retired players since 1901 with the highest OPS+ values in their final season (minimum 200 plate appearances):...