Arthur Bobby Lee Darwin
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: February 16, 1943 in Los Angeles, CA
High School: Jordan HS (Watts, CA)
Signed by the Los Angeles Angels as an amateur free agent in 1962.
Debut: September 30, 1962 (Age 19.226)
vs. CLE 3.1 IP, 8 H, 6 SO, 4 BB, 4 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1972 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Twins/Brewers/RedSox/Dodgers/Cubs/... 1962-1977
Final Game: August 18, 1977 (Age 34.183)
vs. PIT 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/27 Dodgers Digest: Dodgers’ prospect Q&A: Trevor Oaks, 2014 7th-rounder: The Dodgers selected right-handed pitcher Trevor Oaks out of California Baptist University in the seventh-round of the 2014...
News -- May 2014
- 5/4 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–May 4, 1975: 1975: The Royals held a 3-0 lead after a half-inning, but could not score again and dropped a 6-3 loss to the Twins at Metropolitan...
News -- April 2014
- 4/7 Twinstrivia.com: According to Elias: Chris Colabello drove in four runs in Minnesota’s win in Cleveland yesterday, increasing his total this season to 11 RBIs....
News -- July 2013
- 7/31 Classic Minnesota Twins: Twins Killers, Vol. #1: Dick Allen Hits Two Inside The Park Homers (With Video!) At The Met: TWINS KILLERS will be a semi-regular series, profiling the greatest performances AGAINST our Minnesota Twins. One day performances,...
- 7/8 Twinstrivia.com: Top Twins rookie power hitters: The Twins have had some very good rookie hitters over the years and based on their minor league stats it appears that more are...
News -- May 2013
- 5/30 Twinstrivia.com: Twins striking out at a record pace in 2013: The Twins played their 50th game of the season last night when they beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-1 at Target Field and their record...
- 5/28 BoSox Injection: Who’s On First? BosoxLinx: 5-28-2013: This Day In Red Sox History 1977: The Red Sox trade Bobby Darwin to the Chicago Cubs for Ramon Hernandez Matt Garza has some words...
News -- May 2012
- 5/7 High Heat Stats: Many random notes from one crazy game: Orioles 9, Red Sox 6: Look who suddenly has the best record in baseball! A long game is the last thing you need when your starter...
News -- May 2011
- 5/26 B-R Blog: Wilson Valdez and non-pitchers getting the win: Wilson Valdez of the Phillies started last night's game at his customary position of second base, but in the 19th inning took...
News -- June 2010
- 6/10 B-R Blog: Double Debuts: All the recent discussions about player debuts made me wonder about the number of times that a game featured both starting...