Donald Eugene Conley
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 8", Weight: 225 lb.
Born: November 10, 1930 in Muskogee, OK
High School: Columbia HS (Richland, WA)
School: Washington State University (Pullman, WA)
Signed by the Boston Braves as an amateur free agent in 1950.
Debut: April 17, 1952 (Age 21.159, 8,478th in MLB history)
vs. BRO 4.0 IP, 11 H, 1 SO, 2 BB, 4 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1954 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/RedSox/Phillies 1952-1963
Last Game: September 21, 1963 (Age 32.315)
vs. MIN 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 SO, 2 BB, 2 ER, W
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
Other SR Links: Basketball-Reference.com
News -- July 2016
- 7-26 Call to the Pen: Red Sox History: Gene Conley, Pumpsie Green Disappear from Bus: Most days, a 13-3 loss at the hands of a hated rival would be the worst thing that would happen. For the Boston Red Sox, on this...
News -- April 2016
- 4-24 RSNStats.com: Sunday Morning Odds ‘n Ends: In what’s becoming a regular feature, here are notes and thoughts for Red Sox fans this week: The Sox were on the wrong...
News -- January 2016
- 1-21 BoSox Injection: Former Boston Red Sox All-Star Frank Sullivan dies at 85: Frank Sullivan was a noted right-handed pitcher for the Red Sox in the 1950s and a member of the Red Sox Hall of Fame. The Boston...
News -- November 2015
- 11-26 BoSox Injection: Boston Red Sox: Four "turkeys" for Thanksgiving: The Boston Red Sox have had more than their share of “turkeys” over the years and many a fan would gladly –...
News -- April 2015
- 4-5 Tomahawk Take: Braves History: On the 5's: A Look Through Braves History Each weekend this season, Tomahawk Take writer will explore a significant happening of Braves history...
- 4-2 Dairyland Express: Red Schoendienst to enter Milwaukee Braves Honor Roll: A Hall of Famer who spent most of his long baseball career with the St. Louis Cardinals, Red Schoendienst will be inducted into...
News -- December 2014
- 12-19 Halos Heaven: WeekEnd HaloLinks: GM's Still Shopping Hard:
Last minute Christmas deals are still being snatched up by GM's around baseball. It appears that the best holiday...
News -- July 2014
- 7-15 James Smyth Broadcast: Players from All-Star Game Host Teams: As the Minnesota Twins host tonight's All-Star Game at Target Field, catcher Kurt Suzuki and closer Glen Perkins are the two...
News -- July 2013
- 7-1 Billy-Ball.com: Chris Davis vs Roger Maris: For the first time since July 31, 2005, the Orioles hosted âSunday Night Baseball,â and fans got the chance to see Chris Davis‘...
News -- May 2013
- 5-29 Braves Journal: How Many Boston Braves Are Still Around? Game Thread, May 29 (by iceberg584): So, if you look around the scoreboard this week, you will notice that the Selig regime has decided to go with the fire hose method...
- 5-2 60ft6in.com: Red Sox bits and pieces: For those that followed the Red Sox back in the dark ages of the late 1950′s and early 1960′s, winning more games...
News -- March 2013
- 3-25 60ft6in.com: Reggie Smith, Fred Lynn, and Jackie Bradley Junior: Jackie Bradley Junior and Reggie Smith have many things in common, but also many things differentÂ with the Red Sox. Reggie Smith...
News -- November 2012
- 11-11 High Heat Stats: Pitchers Who Help Themselves: The highest WPA-rated hitting performance by a pitcher in 2012 was this game by Anthony Blass, the only pitcher with a game WPA...
News -- July 2012
News -- April 2012
- 4-3 NY Baseball Digest: New NBA Hall of Famer Says He Can Play Baseball: It was announced earlier today that former Indiana Pacer and Knicks nemesis, Reggie Miller, will be inducted into theÂ Naismith...
News -- May 2011
- 5-7 B-R Blog: Cliff Lee’s 16 strikeouts (and loss): Cliff Lee pitched Â an unusual game last night. He struck out 16 batters in just 7 innings, but allowed 9 hits 3 runs, 1 walk,...