Stewart Walker Cliburn
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: December 19, 1956 in Jackson, MS
High School: Forrest Hill HS (Jackson, MS)
Schools: Delta State University (Cleveland, MS), University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS)
Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 4th round of the 1977 amateur draft.
Debut: September 17, 1984 (Age 27.273, 12,589th in MLB history)
vs. KCR 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 3 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1985 season [*]
Team: Angels 1984-1988
Last Game: October 1, 1988 (Age 31.287)
Relatives: Brother of Stan Cliburn
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- September 2016
- 9-4 The Greatest 21 Days: Stan Cliburn, Care For - 25: Stan Cliburn explained his goals as a minor league manager to The Tulsa World in 1993 and his goals focused on his players.He...
News -- August 2016
- 8-24 www.80sbaseball.com: Baseball Returns to Buffalo with Real Power: Note: This is a guest post from Greg Lucas After nearly an eight year hiatus, professional baseball returned to Buffalo in 1979.Â ...
News -- October 2014
- 10-26 The Greatest 21 Days: Sherman Corbett, Crafty Left-Hander - 512: Originally published May 31, 2010While not stellar, Sherman Corbett's debut with AA Orlando was worthy of praise. The lefty pitched...
News -- September 2014
- 9-30 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–September 30, 1985: 1985: The Royals began a crucial series against the Angels with a 3-1 victory at Royals Stadium, as Bret Saberhagen pitched a...
News -- June 2014
- 6-27 The Greatest 21 Days: Interview Part 2: Kelvin Torve, Right Spot: Fenway Park in Boston in 2004. Two of Kelvin Torve's 12 major league games in 1988 came at Fenway. (G21D Photo) Part 1: Worked...