Reginald Leslie Cleveland
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: May 23, 1948 in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
High School: Notre Dame (Wilcox, SK)
Signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as an amateur free agent in 1965.
Debut: October 1, 1969 (Age 21.131)
vs. PHI 4.0 IP, 7 H, 3 SO, 1 BB, 4 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1971 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedSox/Cardinals/Brewers/Rangers 1969-1981
Final Game: September 23, 1981 (Age 33.123)
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/2 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 2, 1979: 1979: Darrell Porter’s eighth-inning double drove in the go-ahead run as the Royals outlasted the Brewers 4-3 at Royals Stadium.
News -- May 2014
- 5/23 Canadian Baseball Network: Today in Canadian Baseball History… Reggie Cleveland was born (1948): *Reggie Cleveland was discovered in Swift Current by carnival operator Sam Shapiro, who lobbied his friend and Cardinals manager Red...
- 5/19 Canadian Baseball Network: Francis headed to A’s and new role: * LHP Jeff Francis has started more games in the majors than all but four Canadians — now he’s off to the Oakland...
News -- September 2013
- 9/22 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back, 9/22/1973: Mets Blank Cards 2-0: The Mets won their 5th in a row today at Shea, blanking the St. Louis Cardinals 2-0 behind the stellar pitching of Jon Matlack....
News -- August 2013
- 8/30 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back – 8/30/1973: Mets Fall to Cards 1-0 in 10: Tonight at Busch Stadium, the Mets and Cardinals made it to the 10th inning before either team broke through. Unfortunately...
News -- May 2013
- 5/11 Billy-Ball.com: St. Louis Cardinals one-hit no-walk games: Since 1916, there have been 13 one hit, no walk games thrown by Cardinals pitchers. Red Barrett is the only one who did it twice...
News -- April 2013
- 4/11 Rising Apple: Amazin Look Back, April 11, 1973: New York Mets Hold Off St. Louis Cardinals To Remain Undefeated: After sweeping a short two-game series against the Philadelphia Phillies to open the 1973 season, the New York Mets traveled to...
News -- November 2012
- 11/21 161st and River: 86 Greatest Moments vs. Boston #59-50: #59 | Rags Saves the Day | 10/4/1986 In his 3rd season after moving from the rotation to the bullpen, Dave Righetti...
News -- October 2011
- 10/9 B-R Blog: All-time Cardinals/Brewers team: In honor of the rematch of the 1982 World Series that will occur in the 2011 NLCS, here is a stab at the all-time team of players...
News -- March 2011
- 3/6 B-R Blog: O, Canada: Today, I attended a Little League Coaches Clinic run by "Big Al" Price and his son Scott. "Big Al" does a great job at these sessions...
News -- February 2011
- 2/17 WSJ Daily Fix: Poison in Auburn’s Hallowed Ground: An ugly act from a rival fan could kill the trees of Toomer's Corner. Plus: Charlie Davies: scarred but playing again in D.C.;...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...