Gino Nicholas Cimoli
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: December 18, 1929 in San Francisco, CA
High School: Galileo HS (San Francisco, CA)
School: Menlo College (Atherton, CA)
Signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers as an amateur free agent in 1949.
Debut: April 19, 1956 (Age 26.123, 8,941st in MLB history)
vs. PHI 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1957 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Dodgers/Athletics/Cardinals/Pirates/Orioles/... 1956-1965
Last Game: May 7, 1965 (Age 35.140)
vs. KCA 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: February 12, 2011 in Roseville, CA
Buried: Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Santa Rosa, CA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2016
- 11-14 1960s Baseball Blog: Talent in Reserve:
Glancing Back, and Remembering Gino Cimoli
Gino Cimoli was a much-traveled and much-valued outfielder who played from the...
News -- August 2016
- 8-8 1960s Baseball Blog: 300 and Counting:
This Week in 1960s Baseball
(August 11, 1961) The Milwaukee Braves today defeated the 2-1 behind the six-hit pitching...
News -- May 2016
- 5-13 BBST: Strikeouts are Sexy and Scherzer knows it!:
A brief history of pitchers with 20 strikeout games Strikeouts are sexy. Well at least according to the Washington Nationals’...
News -- April 2015
- 4-28 The Writer's Journey: The Pittsburgh Pirates’ 1960 Season by David Finoli (2015): The Pittsburgh Pirates’ 1960 Season by David Finoli Arcadia Publishing, 2015 128 pages Nearly every franchise has that one...
News -- October 2014
- 10-7 Canadian Baseball Network: 1954 Montreal Royals Photo: Joe Carbonaro: Â * Former Montreal Royals pitcher Joe Carbonaro (fourth player from the left in the bottom row) is now 84 and living in Monterey,...
News -- August 2013
- 8-10 Tomahawk Take: Former Braves Shortstop Johnny Logan Dies: Former Milwaukee Braves shortstop Johnny Logan passed away yesterday at Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He was 86. Logan...
News -- October 2012
- 10-7 High Heat Stats: Why AL/NL WARs Differ in a Given Year (Hint: it’s more obvious than I thought): Recently I made the “shocking” discovery that the AL and NL don’t have the same season WAR totals (on a per-team...
News -- February 2011
- 2-13 Baseball Musings: Cimoli Passes: Gino Cimoli died: When Gino Cimoli stepped in the batter’s box at Seals Stadium on April 15, 1958, major-league baseball...