Kelvin Keith Chapman
Positions: Second Baseman and Pinch Hitter
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 173 lb.
Born: June 2, 1956 in Willits, CA
School: Santa Rosa Junior College (Santa Rosa, CA)
Signed by the New York Mets as an amateur free agent in 1975.
Debut: April 5, 1979 (Age 22.307, 11,753rd in MLB history)
vs. CHC 5 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1984 season [*]
Team: Mets 1979-1985
Last Game: July 24, 1985 (Age 29.052)
vs. CIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/9 Mets360.com: Light At The End Of The Tunnel? It’s getting Dim For Mets Fans: The preliminary rounds of “expectation management” have begun. The 2015 MLB schedules have been released and naturally, any...
News -- March 2013
- 3/21 MetsToday.com: 1979 and the Birth of a Mets Fan: I was reading this post over at Amazin’ Avenue about the worst Opening Day lineups in Mets history (a story prompted by...
News -- November 2012
- 11/15 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Dwight Gooden: Last night R.A. Dickey got the cherry on top of his sterling year in the form of the 2012 National League Cy Young Award. The...
News -- September 2012
- 9/6 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Keith Hernandez: The Mets are off today after escaping St. Louis with a victory yesterday afternoon, and today on “Glory Days,” we profile...
News -- January 2011
- 1/5 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: Sergio Ferrer: 1979 TOPPS SERGIO FERRER #397 Someone had to stand as a symbol of the colorless ineptitude of the late ’70s Mets. Sure,...