John Anthony Castino
Positions: Third Baseman and Second Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: October 23, 1954 in Evanston, IL
High School: New Trier HS (Winnetka, IL)
School: Rollins College (Winter Park, FL)
Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 3rd round of the 1976 amateur draft.
Debut: April 6, 1979 (Age 24.165)
vs. OAK 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1979 season [*]
Team: Twins 1979-1984
Agents: Bob Gilhooley,Jim Bronner [*]
Final Game: May 7, 1984 (Age 29.197)
vs. CAL 4 AB, 3 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- April 2014
- 4/20 Classic Minnesota Twins: 1974 Spring Training: Blyleven Taken Deep By Rollins College Player: This post highlights the 1974 Twins versus the Rollins Tars College spring training game. It was notable for the hitting of Rollins...
News -- November 2013
- 11/26 Puckett's Pond: Minnesota Twins Announce 2014 Hall of Fame Nominees: The Minnesota Twins are looking for your help! You read that right! You have another thing to be thankful for on Thursday!...
News -- August 2013
- 8/14 Twinstrivia.com: Will Dozier become top Twins 2B home run slugger?: Twins second baseman Brian Dozier has put on a nice power display this season while playing a position that is not expected to...
News -- July 2013
- 7/19 Twinstrivia.com: An interview with 1995 Rookie of the Year Marty Cordova: Recently I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to interview 1995 AL Rookie of the Year Marty Cordova. We talked about Marty’s...
News -- May 2013
- 5/15 Puckett's Pond: Is Oswaldo Arcia winning the AL Rookie of the Year Award?: The Minnesota Twins have a relative lineage of Rookie of the Year award winners. Tony Oliva was the first Twins rookie of the...
News -- May 2012
- 5/20 Classic Minnesota Twins: Jerry Koosman & The '79 twins Video: Jerry Koosman became the Twins staff ace in the first year, A.D., after the Carew trade. After viewing this video on another...
News -- April 2010
- 4/29 B-R Blog: Ike Davis and a team going 10-0 in a player’s first 10 games: The Mets started the season horribly but that all changed when they called up Ike Davis 10 games ago. In those 10 games, Davis...