Robert Louis Carpenter
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: December 12, 1917 in Chicago, IL
High School: Parker HS (Chicago, IL)
Debut: September 5, 1940 (Age 22.268, 7,138th in MLB history)
vs. BSN 6.0 IP, 7 H, 5 SO, 2 BB, 3 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1941 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Giants/Cubs 1940-1947
Last Game: August 13, 1947 (Age 29.244)
vs. PIT 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 SO, 2 BB, 0 ER
Died: October 19, 2005 in Evergreen Park, IL
Buried: Evergreen Cemetery, Evergreen Park, IL
About biographical information
News -- May 2015
- 5/28 District on Deck: Washington Nationals Rapid Reaction: Max Scherzer and Bryce Harper Put on a Show In Chicago: The Washington Nationals won another series, that's nine in a row if you are keeping track at home, after beating the Chicago...
News -- January 2015
- 1/31 That Balls Outta Here: Phillies as MLB's All-Time Losers: From 1883 through 2014, the Philadelphia Phillies have a combined all-time win-loss record of 9,464-10,551. The team is 1,087...
News -- October 2014
- 10/6 de civitate sabermetricarum: Nationals: Do or Die, My Good-bye: I was an Expos fan. In 2004, I listened to many of the games during that last season by means of MLB's GameDay audio. Compared...
News -- April 2014
- 4/12 District on Deck: District Daily: Washington Nationals News 4/12: As you try to recover from last night's brutal loss to the Braves, checkout some great Washington Nationals articles from...
News -- March 2014
- 3/27 District on Deck: District Daily: Washington Nationals News 3/27: Checkout some great articles from our fellow Washington Nationals writers: Washington Nationals to unveil Youth Baseball Academy...
News -- November 2013
- 11/20 District On Deck: Fun With Other People’s Money – Determining Ian Desmond’s Value: One of my favorite things about professional sports is that it allows us all to lose touch with reality. If McDonald’s started...
News -- October 2013
- 10/25 Birds Watcher: Baltimore Orioles: McCarver signing off: Tim McCarver has done his share of Baltimore Orioles’ games over the past few years as the team has come back from futility....
News -- August 2013
- 8/17 Walk-Off Walk: So...Braves fans...about Friday night...: In my last post, I bashed the Nationals for their refusal to shut up. It was the right thing to do because even after watching...
- 8/2 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Day in Washington Nationals History – Walter Johnson Day: 2006 – Alfonso Soriano‘s 33rd and 34th home runs are not enough as the San Francisco Giants beat the Nats 8-6. 2007 –...
News -- May 2012
- 5/21 The Daily Catch: Nationals: The Real Story Of This Team Is Off The Field: This article is courtesy of our friends at The Nats Blog Written by: Erin Flynn When I walked out of the umpires’ tunnel...