Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 173 lb.
Born: August 5, 1947 in Detroit, MI
High School: Livonia HS (Livonia, MI)
Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 1st round (16th pick) of the 1965 amateur draft.
Debut: September 2, 1969 (Age 22.028)
vs. CHC 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1970 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedSox/Cardinals/Reds/Brewers/Indians/... 1969-1980
Final Game: September 29, 1980 (Age 33.055)
vs. NYM 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/3 Dodgers Digest: One Incredible Year of Yasiel Puig: Obligatory! It’s been a year since Yasiel Puig was called up, and so every media outlet you can think of has a story about...
News -- May 2014
- 5/6 BoSox Injection: With the Reds visiting Fenway, revisiting Game 6 in 1975, the greatest game ever played: While the “Loveable Losers” of Chicago's North Side set the standard for baseball futility in the 20thcentury,...
- 5/6 BoSox Injection: Series preview: Cincinnati versus Boston: The “Queen City” versus the “Athens of America.” Cincinnati against Boston and the memories flood back...
News -- December 2013
- 12/28 The Cardboard Examiner: 1975 TOPPS BILL LEE: MY FAVORITE FLAKE.WON 94 GAMES IN BOSTON WHILE LAUGHING AT THE GREEN MONSTER.THE FRONT PAGEBill Lee and the 1975 Topps...
News -- October 2013
- 10/30 New York Mets Report: Game Six: What World Series History Will Be Made Tonight?: A classic World Series is usually defined as seven games, but it can’t be without a Game 6. As compelling as this World Series...
- 10/14 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: The Best Fenway Comebacks: Fourteen mostly sleepless hours later and the mind still reels. They were DONE and all of a sudden they were not and we spend...
- 10/3 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: Lost Heroes: Some of the game’s biggest stars have shined on the bright stage of the post-season over the years. Even lesser known players...
News -- September 2013
- 9/6 Tyler's Think Tank: Bombs Away:
The Red Sox played home run derby last night at Fenway Park, going deep eight times to tie a franchise record. David Ortiz...
News -- August 2013
- 8/5 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: Game 114 Thread – Red Sox (68-45, 1st) vs. Astros (8/5/13): First Pitch – 8:10PM John Lackey (7-8, 3.23) vs. Brett Oberholtzer (1-0, 3.77) Note: Felix Doubront has now allowed 3 or fewer...
- 8/5 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History – August 5: August 5, 1921 The first baseball game is broadcast over the radio on KDKA of Pittsburgh as announcer Harold Arlin calls the Pirates...
- 8/4 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back, 8/4/1973: Cards Top Mets 4-3: The Cardinals beat the Mets at Shea today by the score on 4-3. Jerry Koosman went all the way for New York and took the loss,...
News -- July 2013
- 7/29 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: RIP – George Scott: Sad news today as we learned that former first baseman George Scott passed away. “Boomer” as he was affectionately known was...
- 7/27 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back: 7/27/1973 – Mets Nip Cards 2-1: Tonight at Busch Stadium, the Mets took on the Cardinals in the final game of their three game set. St. Louis broke through against...
- 7/17 The Pesky Pole: Another Wild Win and a Big Trade: The 1975 Red Sox are still struggling but when we win, it is exciting. Below is the log for another wild win but once again our...
- 7/15 The Pesky Pole: 1975 Sox Win a Wild One: I was born in the fall of 1974 so the first Red Sox season of my life was 1975. Obviously, I have no memory of this season. My...
- 7/4 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: Game 87 Thread – Red Sox (52-34, 1st) vs. Padres (7/4/13): First Pitch – 7:10PM Allen Webster (0-2, 9.50) vs. Eric Stults (6-6, 3.51) Note: Jonny Gomes has become the first Red Sox player...
News -- June 2013
- 6/6 Redlegs Review: Best first round draft picks in Reds franchise history:
In honor of the draft taking place this week, I've compiled who I feel to be the best first round draft picks ever made...
News -- March 2013
- 3/25 60ft6in.com: Reggie Smith, Fred Lynn, and Jackie Bradley Junior: Jackie Bradley Junior and Reggie Smith have many things in common, but also many things different with the Red Sox. Reggie Smith...
News -- February 2013
- 2/2 Tyler's Think Tank: Best Pitching Season of the 1970s:
Thought long and hard about Ron Guidry's 1978 here, but decided to go with the sheer volume of Lefty's statistics.
News -- December 2012
- 12/30 The Flagrant Fan: A long fondness for Dwight Evans:
Dwight Evans fell off the Hall of Fame ballot in 1999 after three seasons. Only 3.6% of voters thought he was good enough for...
- 12/12 The Cardinal Nation Blog: Cardinals number 12s on 12/12/12A look back at some prominent St. Louis Cardinals to have worn the number 12 jersey....
- 12/10 The Pesky Pole: Bernie Carbo Leading Off and on the Trading Block?:
This is a post about a baseball simulation league using Out of the Park Baseball. For more details about the league click...
News -- August 2012
News -- December 2011
- 12/6 High Heat Stats: Jose Reyes - Almost as good as Dave Revering: Icon SMIThe Miami Marlins overpaid horribly for Jose Reyes. That contract might be even worse than the one the Red Sox gave to...
News -- November 2011
- 11/29 High Heat Stats: Highest Ratio of On-Base to Batting Average: In a recent thread, reader mcearlgrey asked about the greatest discrepancies between on-base percentage and batting average. Here...
- 11/22 The Captain's Blog: After the Fall: How Do Young Closers Respond to Blown Saves in October?: The Texas Rangers made a surprise move by agreeing to terms with Joe Nathan on a two-year deal worth $15 million in guaranteed...
News -- October 2011
- 10/28 PaulLebowitz.com: 2011 Feels More 1975 Than 1986 And The Rangers Will Win: Two of the most dramatic game sixes in World Series history happened in 1975 and 1986. Last night, 2011 joined those two great...
- 10/21 The Captain's Blog: Déjà Vu All Over Again; Craig’s Pinch Hitting Heroics Make Double Impact: Allen Craig, who spent most of the season being a utility-type bench player, has become a central figure in the 2011 World Series....
- 10/9 B-R Blog: All-time Cardinals/Brewers team: In honor of the rematch of the 1982 World Series that will occur in the 2011 NLCS, here is a stab at the all-time team of players...
News -- September 2010
- 9/2 B-R Blog: The 20 biggest post-season pinch-hitting appearances: Here are the top 20 best performances by a player entering a post-season game as a pinch-hitter, ranked by Win Probability Added:
News -- April 2010
- 4/22 B-R Blog: Great Pinch Hitters Since 1961: Got this list fooling around with B-R.com PI late last night...great pinch hitters in baseball since 1961...