John Anthony Cangelosi
Positions: Outfielder and Pinch Hitter
Bats: Both, Throws: Left
Height: 5' 8", Weight: 150 lb.
Born: March 10, 1963 in Brooklyn, NY
Schools: Miami-Dade College (Miami, FL), Miami-Dade College, North Campus (Miami, FL)
Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft (January). Player signed May 11, 1982.
Debut: June 30, 1985 (Age 22.112)
vs. MIN 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1986 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Marlins/Astros/WhiteSox/Rangers/... 1985-1999
Final Game: September 22, 1999 (Age 36.196)
vs. ARI 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- March 2014
- 3/10 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 3/10: Happy Birthday to ~LHP Blaine Sims (25)Sims was drafted from Atlanta in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft in December...
News -- March 2013
- 3/10 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 3/10: No future Astros, only former Astros with birthdays today ~
OF John Cangelosi (50)
A fourth round pick by the White...
News -- February 2013
- 2/14 Rising Apple: One More Mike Piazza Interview & Thoughts on the HOF Issue: Coinciding with the release of his book “Long Shot,” Mike Piazza has been making the rounds. He sat down with both...
News -- April 2012
- 4/19 High Heat Stats: Jerry Lynch 1930-2012: Jerry Lynch passed away recently. Lynch was an outfielder for the Pirates and Reds in the 1950s and 60s. He also caught a...
News -- November 2011
- 11/29 High Heat Stats: Highest Ratio of On-Base to Batting Average: In a recent thread, reader mcearlgrey asked about the greatest discrepancies between on-base percentage and batting average. Here...
News -- February 2011
- 2/10 Mets360.com: The real reason Jason Bay struggled in 2010: Some people blame the poor season last year by Jason Bay on his move to Citi Field. Others blame it on the season-ending concussion...