Charles G. Buffinton
born Charles G. Buffington
Positions: Pitcher, Outfielder and First Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: June 14, 1861 in Fall River, MA
Debut: May 17, 1882 (Age 20.337)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1883 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Beaneaters/Quakers/Reds/Athletics/RedStockings/... 1882-1892
Final Game: June 28, 1892 (Age 31.014)
Died: September 23, 1907 in Fall River, MA
Buried: Oak Grove Cemetery, Fall River, MA
About biographical information
News -- January 2014
- 1/15 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #65-61: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #65 through #61. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all...
News -- April 2013
- 4/15 Not in the Hall of Fame: 80. Charlie Buffington: As much as we keep studying Baseball, we can’t help but be amazed by the staggering amount of innings pitched by the pre 1900...
News -- March 2013
- 3/7 60ft6in.com: F12 Top12 1880-1889: In the 1880′s the Statue of Liberty was dedicated, Vaudeville opened, Washington Monument was unveiled, the Brooklyn Bridge...
News -- February 2012
- 2/19 WasWatching: Pitchers Leaving Early: So, are Don Drysdale and Catfish Hunter the greatest “modern” pitchers to die young? See this list - Rk Player WAR...
News -- January 2012
- 1/11 High Heat Stats: WAAS for Pitchers: (For an explanation of the Wins Above All-Star Level method, as well as position-player values, see previous post.)The following...
News -- March 2011
- 3/18 B-R Blog: Bloops: The Hall of (Peak-Weighted) WAR: Here's a cool link from Adam Darowski: Hall of wWAR: The Hall of Fame Re-Po**** by Peak-Weighted WAR It is exactly what it sounds...