Gerald Peter Buchek
Positions: Second Baseman, Shortstop and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: May 9, 1942 in St. Louis, MO
High School: McKinley HS (St. Louis, MO)
School: St. Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
Signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as an amateur free agent in 1959.
Debut: June 30, 1961 (Age 19.052, 9,470th in MLB history)
vs. CHC 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1965 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cardinals/Mets 1961-1968
Last Game: September 28, 1968 (Age 26.142)
vs. PHI 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- July 2016
- 7/30 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Thanks Antonio: No wait — I kind of mean it.
The Mets were down 3-1 to the Rockies in theÂ top of the ninth, following a bottom of the eighth...
News -- April 2015
- 4/22 Mets Merized: MMO Feature: Tom Seaver’s 19 Strikeout Classic Turns 45: On this day in Mets history, 45 years ago, Hall of Famer Tom Seaver tossed his 19-strikeout gem against the San Diego Padres and...
News -- August 2014
- 8/21 Faith & Fear in Flushing: 1986: Know the Score: Wednesday afternoon in Oakland, the Mets did something for the 26th time in their history: they won a ballgame by the score of...
News -- May 2014
- 5/27 Redbird Rants: St. Louis Cardinals celebrate the 1964 World Series Champions: The St. Louis Cardinals honored the 1964 World Series champions and Derek Jeter during a ceremony before taking on the New York...
News -- April 2013
- 4/14 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Jerry Koosman: As the Mets finish up a weekend series in Minnesota (which will be in a perpetual state of limbo until August 19), todayâs âGlory...
News -- January 2013
- 1/4 Rising Apple: Punting 2013?: As the days before spring training dwindle (39 and counting), many of us are growing increasingly uncomfortable with the state...
News -- July 2012
News -- March 2012
- 3/30 High Heat Stats: Out Machine Redux – It’s Not Just Rollins and Pierre: How often have Juan Pierre and Jimmy Rollins had outs in a season totalling 75% of their PAs? You might be surprised to know that...