William Haron Bruton
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 169 lb.
Born: November 9, 1925 in Panola, AL
Signed by the Boston Braves as an amateur free agent in 1950.
Debut: April 13, 1953 (Age 27.155, 8,567th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 4 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 1 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1953 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Tigers 1953-1964
Last Game: October 2, 1964 (Age 38.328)
vs. BAL 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: December 5, 1995 in Marshallton, DE
Buried: Gracelawn Memorial Park, New Castle, DE
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/17 Dairyland Express: Milwaukee’s Best, Part 1: The 50 Best To Play For Braves, Brewers: 50-41: Milwaukee has a long history in Major League Baseball and an even longer one in organized baseball as a whole. Of course, we all...
News -- May 2014
- 5/19 Radical Baseball: Two games, too much at Yankee Stadium yesterday. And extra inning doubleheaders I attended.: Yesterday 46,858 fans attended game one but not game two of the natural, NON-split doubleheader between the Yankees and the Pittsburgh...
- 5/11 Phillies Nation: This Week in Phillies’ History- May 11-18: There has been an awful lot of Phillies baseball that has been played since 1883- close to 20,000 games in fact. A lot can happen...
News -- August 2013
- 8/10 Tomahawk Take: Former Braves Shortstop Johnny Logan Dies: Former Milwaukee Braves shortstop Johnny Logan passed away yesterday at Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He was 86. Logan...
News -- October 2012
- 10/7 High Heat Stats: Why AL/NL WARs Differ in a Given Year (Hint: it’s more obvious than I thought): Recently I made the “shocking” discovery that the AL and NL don’t have the same season WAR totals (on a per-team...