Ollie Lee Brown
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 178 lb.
Born: February 11, 1944 in Tuscaloosa, AL
High School: Polytechnic HS (Long Beach
Signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent in 1962.
Debut: September 10, 1965 (Age 21.211, 10,021st in MLB history)
vs. CHC 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1966 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Padres/Giants/Phillies/Brewers/Astros/... 1965-1977
Last Game: September 27, 1977 (Age 33.228)
vs. CHC 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: April 16, 2015 in Buena Park, CA
Buried: Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Cypress, CA
Relatives: Brother of Oscar Brown
About biographical information
News -- February 2015
- 2/11 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 2/11: Happy Birthday to ~OF Edwin Medina (22)Drafted by Houston in the 33rd round in 2014, Medina split his first season between the...
News -- December 2014
- 12/11 Padres Public: This Is Not the Greatest Beer In the World. This Is Just a Tribute.@GhostofRAK Bochy the Elder #FriarTribrewt— Brendan McClain (@Bcmcclain) December 10, 2014...
- 12/8 Friars on Base: Greatest Moments In Padres History: #9 Padres Beat Astros In 1969 Inaugural Game: In was 1969, and the San Diego Padres had just joined the ranks of Major League Baseball along with the Montreal Expos, Kansas...
News -- October 2014
- 10/23 Padres Public: Padres History with Joe Furtado: Chapter 4 â€“ â€œ1971â€³ Good Pitch, No Hit: *Back in 1988, Padres fan and local San Diegan Joe Furtado, started writing a book based on Padres history up to that point. 21...
- 10/3 Padres Public: Padres History with Joe Furtado: Chapter 3 â€“ â€œ1970â€³ 5-X: *Back in 1988, Padres fan and local San Diegan Joe Furtado, started writing a book based on Padres history up to that point. 21...
News -- September 2014
- 9/19 Padres Public: Padres History with Joe Furtado: Chapter 2 â€“ â€œ1969â€³ Play Ball!: By: Joe Furtado
April 8, 1969. Baseball’s centennial season and the Padres very first opening day. Although a crowd of around...
News -- August 2014
- 8/21 Padres360: The Padres First Star – #17 – Nate Colbert: In the first few years of Padres history, the team struggled to win games.Â Like all expansion clubs before them, the PadresÂ were...
News -- April 2014
- 4/25 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 25, 1973: 1973: The Royals scored three runs in the first inning, then barely hung on to that lead in the late innings to pick up a 3-2...
News -- February 2014
- 2/11 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 2/11: Happy Birthday to ~OF Wallace Gonzalez (21)Drafted in the 29th round in 2011 out of high school in California, Gonzalez struggled...
News -- July 2013
- 7/30 Padres Public: Hung Out To Dry: “If you’re keeping score Venable will hit in the eighth spot in the batting order …. no that can’t be...
News -- February 2013
- 2/11 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 2/11: Happy Birthday to ~
OF Wallace Gonzalez (20)
Drafted in the 29th round in 2011 out of high school in California, Gonzalez...
News -- July 2012
News -- March 2012
- 3/14 High Heat Stats: Going Home … or Not: This post is about two players who had unusual run scoring accomplishments in 2011. Curtis Granderson joined a short list of players...