Hector Harold Brown
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: December 11, 1924 in Greensboro, NC
School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)
Signed by the Boston Red Sox as an amateur free agent in 1946.
Debut: April 19, 1951 (Age 26.129, 8,356th in MLB history)
vs. SLB 3.0 IP, 4 H, 1 SO, 2 BB, 3 ER, Sv
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1952 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Orioles/RedSox/WhiteSox/Colt.45's/Yankees 1951-1964
Last Game: September 16, 1964 (Age 39.280)
vs. PHI 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- December 2014
- 12/11 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 12/11: No future Astros with birthdays today, but several former Astros mark the day ~OF Derek Bell (46)A second round pick by the...
News -- January 2014
- 1/27 The Cardboard Examiner: 1962 TOPPS BALTIMORE ORIOLES: AS TEAM CARDS GO, THIS ONE'S PRETTY NICE.BARBER HAD SOME SUCCESS AGAINST THE DYNASTIC YANKS.THE FRONT PAGEFunny how the most trivial...
News -- December 2013
- 12/11 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 12/11: No future Astros, only former Astros celebrating birthdays today ~OF Derek Bell (45)A second round pick by the Blue Jays...
News -- July 2013
- 7/1 Radical Baseball: Mickey Mantle: .500 BA against 11 pitchers.: Mickey Mantle held his own against eleven pitchers with a batting average (BA) of at least .500, minimum 10 at bats (AB). Mantle...
News -- May 2012
- 5/28 High Heat Stats: Pitchers who earn their losses: A familiar television advertisement from years ago featured the actor John Houseman as pitch manÂ for the investment firm Smith...
News -- June 2010
- 6/14 B-R Blog: News & notes: Lilly, Floyd, Posada, Young, Greinke: News and notes from Sunday's games:
Ted Lilly and Gavin Floyd locked up in a great game yesterday. Floyd didn't allow a hit until...