Dennis Joseph Brouthers
Position: First Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 207 lb.
Born: May 8, 1858 in Sylvan Lake, NY
Signed as a Free Agent with the Troy Trojans in 1879.
Debut: June 23, 1879 (Age 21.046, 432nd in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1879 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Bisons/Wolverines/Reds/Grooms/Orioles/... 1879-1904
Last Game: October 4, 1904 (Age 46.149)
Died: August 2, 1932 in East Orange, NJ
Buried: St. Mary's Cemetery, Wappingers Falls, NY
Inducted into the Hall of Fame by Old Timers Committee as Player in 1945.
No induction ceremony in Cooperstown held (until 2013).
View Dan Brouthers Page at the Baseball Hall of Fame (plaque, photos, videos).
About biographical information
News -- March 2016
- 3/2 Baseballhotcorner.com: Top 300 Moments That Shaped Major League Baseball: Pre-1900s Moments: Before the Top 300 Moments that Shaped Baseball history begins, some attention needs to be paid to the game’s formative...
News -- January 2016
- 1/9 Walk-Off Walk: TOT - Beaneaters Search for Starting Catcher for 1894: Transaction of the Day...January 9, 1894 - Boston Beaneaters announce catcher Charlie Bennett's career is over *Transcendental...
News -- November 2015
News -- January 2014
- 1/7 Baseball Reality Tour: Walking from Philly to Oakland: Have you ever heard of a ballplayer from the 1920s and '30s named Max Bishop? More than likely, you have heard of the '27 Yankees,...
News -- November 2013
- 11/11 Elysian Fielders: This Day in Giants History: November 11, 1886: The Executive Council of the Brotherhood of Professional Base Ball PlayersÃ¢Â€Âš formed the previous yearÃ¢Â€Âš meets and chooses officers....
News -- August 2013
- 8/22 Radical Baseball: Ichiro Suzuki: is he a great hitter?: No, Ichiro Suzuki is not a great hitter despite the fact that he holds the major league record for most hits in a season...
News -- February 2013
- 2/7 Braves Journal: Keltner List: Deacon White (by sansho1): Deacon White was one of the earliest baseball stars, and thanks to the Veterans Committee he is the only player in the Hall of...
News -- September 2012
- 9/28 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: The World Champion 1880 Washington Nationals, The Players: This nine ranks right after the 1867 club as the strongest to play for Washington prior to 1901. I would rank the 1885 Nationals...
News -- April 2012
- 4/14 Baseball Musings: Big Papi Take Charge: David Ortiz goes four for five against the Rays today with a double and a home run as he helps a Boston comeback from a 4-0 deficit,...
News -- January 2012
- 1/10 High Heat Stats: WAAS: Wins Above All-Star Level: (Errors in the HOF list in an earlier version of this post have been corrected.)In two recent columns (insider),...
News -- August 2011
- 8/10 B-R Blog: Trivia time: great players who split time at RF and 3B: Only 4 players in history have had a season in which they qualified for the batting title, had an OPS+ of at least 160, and played...
- 8/4 El Maquino: ICEMAN CONCUSSED IN CARDS’ BLOWOUT WIN: >It was long. Ã‚Â It was ugly. Ã‚Â But it was a win.Ã‚Â You got a feel for how this game might go in the first when Matt Holliday‘s...
News -- March 2011
- 3/18 B-R Blog: Bloops: The Hall of (Peak-Weighted) WAR: Here's a cool link from Adam Darowski: Hall of wWAR: The Hall of Fame Re-Po**** by Peak-Weighted WAR It is exactly what it sounds...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...
News -- September 2010
- 9/3 B-R Blog: The 20 greatest position players in baseball history: Here's one take on the twenty greatest position players in the history of major league baseball. In the comments on other recent...