Albert Henry Bridwell
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 9", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: January 4, 1884 in Friendship, OH
Debut: April 16, 1905 (Age 21.102, 2,690th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1905 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Giants/Terriers/Doves/Cubs/Beaneaters/... 1905-1915
Last Game: September 23, 1915 (Age 31.262)
vs. BAL 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Died: January 23, 1969 in Portsmouth, OH
Buried: Greenlawn Cemetery, Portsmouth, OH
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2014
- 11/14 Rockies Zingers: Rockies Sad Lexicon: With Nolan ArenadoÂ winning his second Gold Glove and DJ LeMahieuÂ winning his first, the Rockies are well on their way to a fine...
News -- April 2014
- 4/18 Elysian Fielders: The 100: Fred Merkle (95): It was nearly 30 years after the game and, Marianne Merkle remembered, even church wasn’t a safe haven. One Sunday morning...
News -- November 2013
- 11/22 Elysian Fielders: 1909 in a Box: Giants Checking In:Â Harry Gumbert, Elizabeth, PA Mel Ott, Gretna, LA Jimmy Ripple, Export, PA Giants Checking Out:Â Mike Dorgan,...
News -- October 2013
- 10/23 Baseball Law Reporter: Merkleâ€™s Boner and False Imprisonment: Talcott v. National Exhibition Co., 144 A.D. 337, 128 N.Y.S. 1059 (2 Dept., 1911)What Was Merkleâs Boner?On September 23, 1908...
News -- August 2013
- 8/15 Sports Out West: 5 Most controversial Giants in team history: From John McGraw to Bruce Bochy the San Francisco Giants have been one of the most storied franchises in baseball history. They...
News -- November 2012
- 11/9 Call to the Pen: Hall Of Fame Nominee Hank O’Day: One thing you’ve got to admit about Hank O’Day whether you believe he should be in the Hall of Fame or not: The guy...
News -- September 2012