James Thomas Brewer
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 186 lb.
Born: November 14, 1937 in Merced, CA
High School: Broken Arrow HS (Broken Arrow, OK)
Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent in 1956.
Debut: July 17, 1960 (Age 22.246)
vs. STL 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 3 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1961 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Dodgers/Cubs/Angels 1960-1976
Final Game: May 24, 1976 (Age 38.192)
Died: November 16, 1987 in Tyler, TX
Buried: Floral Haven Memorial Gardens, Broken Arrow, OK
About biographical information
News -- May 2014
- 5/2 Mets360.com: Dick Allen and the 1961 expansion draft: Baseball expansion drafts are fascinating things. To add a major league franchise is no small feat. It involves approval from...
News -- October 2013
- 10/23 Baseball Law Reporter: Cubs and Jim Brewer Sue Billy Martin for Injuries Resulting from Bench Clearing Brawl: Brewer v. Martin, 238 N.E.2d 162, 96 Ill.App.2d 54 (Ill. App. 1 Dist., 1968) What happened?On August 4, 1960, Cubs southpaw Jim...
News -- February 2012
- 2/12 High Heat Stats: The best relief career you never hear about: Who were the top relievers of the 1970s? If you ask the average fan, you’d likely hear Rollie Fingers, Sparky Lyle, Goose...
- 2/5 Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness: Happy Trails, Hong-Chih Kuo: When the Dodgers non-tendered Hong-Chih Kuo earlier this winter, it seemed likely that we’d seen the last of him in Los...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...