Lyman Wesley Bostock
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: November 22, 1950 in Birmingham, AL
High School: Manual Arts HS (Los Angeles, CA)
School: California State University Northridge (Los Angeles, CA)
Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 26th round of the 1972 amateur draft.
Debut: April 8, 1975 (Age 24.137)
vs. TEX 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1975 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Twins/Angels 1975-1978
Final Game: September 23, 1978 (Age 27.305)
vs. CHW 4 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: September 24, 1978 in Gary, IN
Buried: Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, CA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/15 Twinstrivia.com: 200 hits in a season: Last Wednesday Houston Astros 2B Jose Altuve went two for five in the Astros 5-2 win over the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field....
News -- July 2014
- 7/12 Classic Minnesota Twins: Twins Brawls (Video): Roger Erickson Vs Bobby Grich April 22, 1978: Of note: this post was largely composed live, during a sunami-like migraine - with little or no editing taking place. If that...
News -- December 2013
- 12/1 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: Calvin Griffith on why the Nats left Washington 17 October 1978: We want to honor Sam Lacy by presenting articles about the Negro Leagues. Lacy was born in Washington on 23 October 1903, and...
News -- November 2013
- 11/24 Classic Minnesota Twins: Game Video: Lyman Bostock's 4-4 Night Sept. 21, 1976: CAREFUL - KEEP Volume low for first 30 seconds, high pitch test signal HUM before it starts!! Starts immediately after you load...
News -- August 2013
- 8/7 Twinstrivia.com: This Day in Twins History – August 7, 1976: Steve Luebber‘s Twins pitching career was relatively short, just 58 games with 24 starts in parts of three seasons (71,...
News -- April 2013
- 4/19 WasWatching: What If Derek Jeter Has To Retire?: He would go out with the second most hits in a “last season” ever – trailing only Shoeless Joe: Rk Player H...
- 4/13 Classic Minnesota Twins: 1975 Minnesota Twins Camera Day: Today we call attention to one of the early, annual promotions staged by the Minnesota Twins. Camera Day has been chronicled slightly...
News -- March 2013
- 3/10 baseballintheblood.com: RIP Lyman Bostock: I’ll never forget hearing this news. I was just a kid, baseball players weren’t people for me yet, they were still...
News -- January 2012
- 1/30 Ramblings of Baseball: What To Wear XIX: Houston Astros There have been some rumblings recently about the Astros changing their name. New ownership has stepped in and...
News -- November 2011
- 11/21 WasWatching: Most HR In Year Of Death: Greg Halman was killed today. He hit two homeruns for the Mariners this season. That would put him right behind Dernell Stenson,...
- 11/14 Classic Minnesota Twins: 1976: The Twins Bill Campbell As Baseball's Original Free Agent Signee: Thirty-five years ago today, November 4, 1976, was a momentous day in baseball history. It was the day that Major League team...
News -- December 2010
- 12/20 B-R Blog: 30-Or-Younger & 90+ Hits In Final Season Since 1947: Since 1947, how many players age 30 or younger had 90+ hits in what turned out to be their final season? Here's the list - Rk...