Henry Ludwig Borowy
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: May 12, 1916 in Bloomfield, NJ
High School: Bloomfield HS (Bloomfield, NJ)
School: Fordham University (New York, NY)
Signed by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1939.
Debut: April 18, 1942 (Age 25.341)
vs. BOS 5.0 IP, 0 H, 4 SO, 1 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1942 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cubs/Yankees/Tigers/Phillies/Pirates 1942-1951
Final Game: September 14, 1951 (Age 35.125)
vs. NYY 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: August 23, 2004 in Brick, NJ
Buried: Mount Olivet Cemetery, Bloomfield, NJ
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- May 2014
- 5/27 Yanks Go Yard: The 1943 Yankees Season Review: Memorial Day Memories: As New York Yankees fans celebratedMemorial Day, we remember Yankees players who have served in the Military. And the 1943 season...
News -- November 2012
- 11/13 WasWatching: The Best Yankees SP Who Only Pitched Briefly For New York: Here’s one way to slice it - Rk Player WAR IP From To Age G GS W L SV ERA ERA+ 1 Chien-Ming Wang 13.2 670.2 2005 2009 25-29...
News -- April 2012
- 4/18 The Captain's Blog: Melancon Has Nightmarish Outing, but Yanks’ Kammeyer Still Owns Inning of Greatest Infamy: Before the Red Sox acquired A’s reliever Andrew Bailey, and after his subsequent injury, Mark Melancon was considered to be...
- 4/5 James Smyth Broadcast: Opening Day Starters for Defending Champs (Continued!): Yesterday, I wrote about Kyle Lohse and where he will rank among the Opening Day starting pitchers for recent reigning World Series...
News -- October 2011
- 10/21 B-R Blog: Find the unifying theme: What do these 34 pitchers have in common? A tiny hint: I deleted one name from the list to prevent a dead giveaway. Elden Auker...